xisto Community
zenia

A Free Trial Version Of Windows 7 For Professionals. Deliverance by the Microsoft Company.

Windows 7 for free for ICT professionals.  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Microsoft company offers a free trial version of the Windows 7.

The free trial version is ment to be used by professionals.

The purpose of the Microsoft company is that the professionals can use the trial version to find out if they want to use the final version in the company they work for or that they own.

So this means that the following link is mostly ment to be used by ICT professionals.

There is a possibility ICT professionals visit this forum.

So it can be interesting for ICT professionals who visit this forum to be able to use the free trial version of the Windows 7.

Here is the link.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It seems Microsoft announced this version will be available till January 1. 2011.

The first part of the text on the website with the links to the free trial versions is:

Windows 7 Enterprise 90-day Trial

Welcome to the Windows 7 Enterprise 90-day Trial. It is designed specifically for IT Professionals, so that you can test your software and hardware on a final version of the product. In addition, it provides the opportunity for you to become more familiar with the key improvements over previous versions of the Windows operating system, and experience firsthand how Windows 7 can make your PC environment more productive, secure, and manageable.

Edited by zenia (see edit history)

Thanks for the link.So, the goal is clear.Before asking his customers to switch to Windows 7, a hardware architect has to test it's functionalities in real-life situation.So, Microsoft allows me to install Windows 7 on a computer, and work with it in order to see if I will have some hardware device problems, or if my internal environment, which works fine with Windows XP, will continue working fine with Windows 7.This is rather helpful.Of course, the 10-days period is rather small, but could help me guessing the problems I will have and start preparing myself, and preparing my customers to the moment where only seven will be available on the next computers!

If the trial version is activated the trial time is 90 days.The 10 days time is the time that the trial version can be used without activation.This 10 days activation time can be renewed 5 times.So without activating the trial version can be used 60 days.Without activating the trial version can be reinstalled on the computer again after the first activation period.When the trial version is activated it is probably not possible to install the trial version again on the same computer without warnings.

By the way, if you are not an IT professionnal, when you try to download, after signing up, you get the answer :

Thank you for your interest in Windows 7! The evaluation version you are attempting to download is for IT Professionals only.

Seems that only known companies can use this download access.

By the way, if you are not an IT professionnal, when you try to download, after signing up, you get the answer :
Seems that only known companies can use this download access.

It is highly doubtfull that the website of the Microsoft knows if somebody is an IT manager.
So here are the things an ICT worker needs to fill in:

1. What operating system are you running currently?
Windows XP Professional
2. What occupation best describes you?
IT Worker
3. What is your purpose for downloading Windows 7? I am downloading Windows 7 to:
Test my company's hardware with Windows 7.
4. Subscribe to: Technet Flash
5. Subscribe to: Springboard Series Insider
6. Write down your emailaddress.
7. Click: Continue.

A page opens that says: Verify Ownership of your E-mail Address.
8. Press: Continue.
9. Wait a little bit.
10. Open the email message of Microsoft.
11. Click the link to confirm the email address works.
12. A page opens that says: E-Mail Verification Confirmation
13. Push the button that says: Continue.

14. Chose the place on the hard disk to download and to store the file.
15. Start the download.

Another option is to copy the following address and to paste it in the window of the browser:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
/release/Win7/3/b/a/3bac7d87-8ad2-4b7a-87b3-def36aee35fa/7600.16385.090713-1255_x86fre_enterprise_en-us_EVAL_Eval_Enterprise-GRMCENEVAL_EN_DVD.iso?lcid=1033"]http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Clicking this website address doesnt start the download of the file. The file starts to download when the address is copied and pasted into the window of the browser. The address needs to be copied starting from the http till and including the 1033.

This is an iso-file. This file needs to be burned on a dvd using an iso-file burning program.
Free iso burning programs are ISO Recorder and ImgBurn.

This is useless.I tested W7 Enterprise and sucks.But is just my opinion.

More or less agreed with I THE LEGEND.

Windows 7 Enterprise is the evaluation version of Windows 7.

The use of Windows 7 Enterprise has a severe limitation.

Like the time the version can be used is very short.

And if the user wants to use Windows 7 Enterprise longer and want to reinstall it all stored programs get lost.

So for a lot of people it is more convenient to buy a complete version with a license code or an OEM version with a registration code.

For somebody who takes the limitation and the extra effort for granted the evaluation version can be handy to get to know Windows 7.

It seems the functionality is almost or completely the same like the Home Basic, Premium, Professional and the Ultimate version. Although these versions probably have extra functionalities.

Compared to the prices in the shop of a full version of Windows 7 and of an OEM version the evaluation version is for free.

Probably not many people expect that Microsoft offers something that is usefull for free.

11. Click the link to confirm the email address works.12. A page opens that says: E-Mail Verification Confirmation
13. Push the button that says: Continue.

14. Chose the place on the hard disk to download and to store the file.
15. Start the download.

I went until step 13: continue.
And then the next windows was the sentence "Thank you for your interest in Windows 7! The evaluation version you are attempting to download is for IT Professionals only", and then a window explaining how I can buy Windows7 for home purposes.