xisto Community
zenia

The Future Of The Internet. What comes next after the Youtube?

Some time ago the website of the Youtube didn't exist. So some people wanted to share the videos they made on a party where they both were at. And they didn't find a website on the internet to show eachothers the videos they made at the party. So they started a website on which somebody can show a video to somebody else. And the Youtube became very popular.So since there was a time when there was no the Youtube the question rises what will be the next big thing.Will this be watching longer videos in a higher quality?Or will the next big thing be something completely new?Like for instance emailing. Some people wanted to talk about their new project without the possibility their bosses could read the emails about the project. So they thought there should be website where people can send emails to eachother without a main website attached to it. And this is how the website of the hotmail got invented. Nowadays some people like it more to send messages to eachother using websites like the facebook. The same can be said about the post office. Sending letters was popular. Then emailing became popular too.So what will happen next?Are there any signs about the new website that can become popular in the near future too?

Some time ago the website of the Youtube didn't exist. So some people wanted to share the videos they made on a party where they both were at. And they didn't find a website on the internet to show eachothers the videos they made at the party. So they started a website on which somebody can show a video to somebody else. And the Youtube became very popular.
So since there was a time when there was no the Youtube the question rises what will be the next big thing.
Will this be watching longer videos in a higher quality?
Or will the next big thing be something completely new?
Like for instance emailing. Some people wanted to talk about their new project without the possibility their bosses could read the emails about the project. So they thought there should be website where people can send emails to eachother without a main website attached to it. And this is how the website of the hotmail got invented. Nowadays some people like it more to send messages to eachother using websites like the facebook. The same can be said about the post office. Sending letters was popular. Then emailing became popular too.
So what will happen next?
Are there any signs about the new website that can become popular in the near future too?

The answer for watching longer videos in higher quality has already been made - Netflix :) I believe for the PS3 or xBox360 it supports HD.

I kind of feel like I'm in the future already - you can now play nice looking video games over the internet with a low end computer, you can view and control other peoples' computers at their consent, and even average users can make and host their own website from their own computers!

This just goes to show what kind of a catalyst the internet is: the more people using it, the more you can expect to come out of it.

I predict, in the future, that we'll never need hard drives in our computers - everything will be stored online. Perhaps Segate and Western Digital will just create gigantic data centers and charge you a minimalistic monthly fee to store it there. By then, I bet we'll be able to store petabytes of information on a chip the size of our thumb. (And maybe by then, all electronics will be made out of fiber optics, rather than copper and gold :D )

Maybe someday, I group of people will develop a massive website integrating a social network, a video uploading site, file sharing, etc. all into one website. In my opinion, it would be very convenient and I believe in the later years, the amount of bandwidth available later on will make this all possible.

Imagine being able to send emails (or PMs), chat on a social network, get your notifications (like twitter), etc. at one place. If the website was globally used by millions of people like facebook is then that is just another reason why it would be amazing.

I kind of feel like I'm in the future already - you can now play nice looking video games over the internet with a low end computer, you can view and control other peoples' computers at their consent, and even average users can make and host their own website from their own computers!

It does feel like that and I agree with you. Right now, we have games with amazing graphics but I believe that we could advance even further in technology. A few decades ago, 16 MB of RAM was godly and a floppy disk 1.44 MB was sufficient enough for most people. Decades from now, we are going to think that 16 GB of RAM will be a joke and wouldn't be enough to run an average game in the future. A 200 GB hard drive that may please us now may make us cry later on. The datatype "terabyte" will be used much more and T1 connections will feel like dialup in today's time.

It does feel like that and I agree with you. Right now, we have games with amazing graphics but I believe that we could advance even further in technology. A few decades ago, 16 MB of RAM was godly and a floppy disk 1.44 MB was sufficient enough for most people. Decades from now, we are going to think that 16 GB of RAM will be a joke and wouldn't be enough to run an average game in the future. A 200 GB hard drive that may please us now may make us cry later on. The datatype "terabyte" will be used much more and T1 connections will feel like dialup in today's time.

Oh, absolutely. I want to be able to buy an economy laptop 5 years from now with 1.2TB of system memory installed :)

If I knew the answer to your question I would be the next Internet billionaire. Usually the next big thing is something that no one has even thought about yet.

You can't say that no one has ever though about the future of the internet. It is just that the internet grows in increments. There is a possibility of a growth spike in the advancement of the internet. Even at this very moment, people are contributing more to the advancement of the internet. Before you know it, HTML 5 will be the new standard for web design and most web browsers. There will be more elements included in websites and you will be amazed how much better the GUI is. Take a look at a website developed 10 years ago and compare it with one today. You will probably notice a big difference. :)