xisto Community
zenia

What Is Wrong With Text Cursor When Replying In The Forum A strange mistake.

The appearance and disappearance of the cursor.  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For some reason the cursor doesn't appear in the window that is used to write a message. So it is pretty hard to type some text. It is a big question to me what causes this problem.

For some reason the cursor doesn't appear in the window that is used to write a message. So it is pretty hard to type some text. It is a big question to me what causes this problem.

It's a bug in the forum software. In your control panel, change the default editor to standard mode.

It's a bug in the forum software. In your control panel, change the default editor to standard mode.

Thanks.That solved the problem.
The moderator might be more happy with my English grammar now.

Thanks.That solved the problem.
The moderator might be more happy with my English grammar now.

That's right, the moderators will be more happy. And the forum users will stop rushing off your posts poorly written posts!

Perhaps it would save everyone some trouble if the moderators got on the admin(s) back(s) and had them fix the forum :)

Perhaps it would save everyone some trouble if the moderators got on the admin(s) back(s) and had them fix the forum :)

We could imagine that, of course.However, this precise thing is not a forum problem. We still have to find why some PC's have a strange behavior. But, freshly installed PC's with Microsoft Internet Explorer or Firefox have no cursor problem, neither in standard mode nor in rich text editor mode.

But, freshly installed PC's with Microsoft Internet Explorer or Firefox have no cursor problem, neither in standard mode nor in rich text editor mode.

Are you sure about that?

Then again, Xisto is the only place I've seen this problem, so that would seem to point towards the forum software its self...

I've been getting this bug quite a few times as well on Firefox (Linux), but it seems to be happening randomly.I guess the real reason for why this happens hasn't been figured out yet, which is why nothing has been done about it...yet! However, it happens only a few times so I think it shouldn't be affecting a lot of users. Still, it is undeniable that this happens only on Xisto, so the problem is definitely within the forum software, buried somewhere deep within!

It is a big relief to be able to type in the usual way in the forum of the Xisto. The restrictions that appeared while the cursur was invisible and when it was not possible to move the cursor back in the text made it pretty hard to type in a more or less nice and acceptable way. So it helps a lot to have more fun at this forum with a cursor that works like usual in other applications and documents of word.Till now the problem occured on Windows 7 with the latest FireFox 3.6.11 and the Internet Explorer 8.

Edited by zenia (see edit history)

It is a big relief to be able to type in the usual way in the forum of the Xisto. The restrictions that appeared while the cursur was invisible and when it was not possible to move the cursor back in the text made it pretty hard to type in a more or less nice and acceptable way. So it helps a lot to have more fun at this forum with a cursor that works like usual in other applications and documents of word.

Till now the problem occured on Windows 7 with the latest FireFox 3.6.11 and the Internet Explorer 8.

AND IE8? I thought this was only a Firefox problem, which now indicates that it is Xisto. Btw, I was using Firefox 3.6.10 on Windows XP home.

And I don't think that's how you make a poll :)

Edited by tgp1994 (see edit history)

AND IE8? I thought this was only a Firefox problem, which now indicates that it is Xisto. Btw, I was using Firefox 3.6.10 on Windows XP home.

And I don't think that's how you make a poll :)

Off topic:

Please make a topic and show how a proper poll should look like and please link the topic with the excellent poll in this topic so other users can learn how to create an interesting poll.

Off topic:Please make a topic and show how a proper poll should look like and please link the topic with the excellent poll in this topic so other users can learn how to create an interesting poll.

Umm... ok :\

Like this would be more preferable; the thing is, you really only want relevant answers in the poll.

Hope that helps :)

Off topic:Please make a topic and show how a proper poll should look like and please link the topic with the excellent poll in this topic so other users can learn how to create an interesting poll.

Still off-topic,
Maybe you can see a nice poll example here :
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/97507-topic/?findpost=1064407040
The question is "how is it?" and you express yourself by means of choosing between "Very good" or "good" or "bad" or "very bad"
So, you create a poll when you want people to vote for an idea or against an idea (a poll with two ansers "yes" and "no") or if you want to know which thing people prefer, letting them choose between several options (What do you drink ? Beer, wine, champagne, fruit juice, water, something else?)

Still off-topic,Maybe you can see a nice poll example here :
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/97507-topic/?findpost=1064407040
The question is "how is it?" and you express yourself by means of choosing between "Very good" or "good" or "bad" or "very bad"
So, you create a poll when you want people to vote for an idea or against an idea (a poll with two ansers "yes" and "no") or if you want to know which thing people prefer, letting them choose between several options (What do you drink ? Beer, wine, champagne, fruit juice, water, something else?)

Exactly, that's a fine example.

I think the main idea here is; you want the answers of the poll to be directly relevant to the question asked. That way, the answers can give you an idea of what the community is trying to say when they answer it, whereas irrelevant answers will throw the statistics off.