xisto Community
zenia

Contradiction Between Promotion And The Rules what to think of this?

the rules state:

Stay active (suspension): Once a user has been granted a hosting account (s)he must stay active in these forums for as long as (s)he wishes to keep that account. This hosting company is community based and we do not want users to post solely for the sake of hosting. Staying active means you must contribute to the forum at least once every two weeks, and visit it at least once every week. Failure to doing so will result in your account being suspended or removed.

the promotional text of the decade plan states like this:

As the name says, its a $10 for 10 year plan. Pay $10 once and forget hosting for 10 years.

so it seems that when the decade plan is bought the company suggests that there need to be no worries about hosting for the next 10 years. but the rules state a requirement to post about once at 14 days and to visit the forum like every 7 days. having no worries about the website hosting and the job to visit and to post like every 1 to 2 weeks are different things. they look to be contradictionary.

it seems the rules should better be changed to let the buyer of the decade plan feel more safe about his purchase.
Edited by zenia (see edit history)

the rules state:

the promotional text of the decade plan states like this:

so it seems that when the decade plan is bought the company suggests that there need to be no worries about hosting for the next 10 years. but the rules state a requirement to post about once at 14 days and to visit the forum like every 7 days. having no worries about the website hosting and the job to visit and to post like every 1 to 2 weeks are different things. they look to be contradictionary.

it seems the rules should better be changed to let the buyer of the decade plan feel more safe about his purchase.

I think that you are right. The rules must be changes because they do not speak of what actually happens here. There is no such happening of account termination on 14 days inactivation. It might be like to produce a fear factor that "oh look they got some really strict rules and you need to be very sincere while working with them". Otherwise the rule if implemented will be a very bad thing. The users here post to get mycents to host their websites. If the website does not need any money then why should a user post. It is completely logical in this way that if i do not need what I am writing for then why should I write regularly. Yes I will return back when I will need the money for my website hosted with Xisto.
The rules should get updated with what actually happens here. I have a problem in appearing on the forum regularly because of my studies so if the rules as such are implemented then I think I will have some real trouble because I can only writhe one in a month for 3-4 days.

No real contradiction, maybe just a historical misunderstanding.OK, the promotional plan is exactly what it's name says : a promotion.Standard user should better choose the "logic plan", which is enough for most standard usage.And, if you have a look, you will see that the promotional plan is about twice cheaper, but offers less disk space, is devoted to small websites, and asks you to have $10 inside your account balance (from posting for instance) or to send $10 from your PayPal account. If you really currently have $10 in your account, you will probably want to post from time to time in order to earn the $10 for your next day invoice next year. So, you will automatically need to post on a regular basis.The only real problem will occur if you don't have enough $$ inside your credit balance and you don't have time for posting.You know, you cannot have everything without effort.Asta provides very professional hosting provided that you post on the forum, which means you give us your work and we provide you with ads-free hosting. If you prefer you can send money through PayPal in order to sustain your hosting. If you don't want to work and you have no money, you should choose another solution.Our sister hosting site qupis.com is there for that purpose. You register at qupis.com and you get hosting without any money nor posting, if you accept a one-line ads at the bottom of your webpage.