xisto Community
zenia

The Disadvantage Of Google google offers too many options

as people becomes more web and computer literate adding more features to websites isn't so much of a problem...

----------------------i dont think so any disadvantage by google.com
as per my opinion.

BSmith

It is.. Lately there is too much sensitive information available on the internet and it's not that hard to find with Google :wacko:

What exactly do you mean by sensitive? Do you mean pirated stuff or CIA stuff. If you mean pirated stuff then there is no doubt about it. Google is one of the main sources of people getting access to pirated stuff. I don't mean that Google has a policy of promoting pirated stuff. They say they are against it but in a way they are responsible for people getting access to pirated stuff and I don't accuse google because they just show the existence of websites related to some Keywords. But then again it might not be as simple as this..... Corporate Stuff..... Confusing.
And if you mean CIA type of sensitive information, then I think there is more information kept hidden than what is disclosed. And most of the disclosed stuff is leaked by other sources. Again google is responsible only in the sense that it presents link to stuff.

If you mean sensitive stuff about your private life then it was not Google's problem. People are getting reckless on posting thousands of info on social networks about themselves then blame the world wide web if those info gets exposed to millions of people.For an example, I have seen more than 50 person in 3 months posting their real name, age, address, birth-date, home address, location and life style patterns. Some have posted candid and sensitive pictures of themselves shared to the public.If the search engines find this, it was not their fault since the user have started putting them up on the web. I even saw some funny civil cases where people tried to sue Google when their "naked" photos return as a result from Google's photo search. The images in question was shared to more than 500 people on facebook, some websites grabbed the photo and added it to their content. Surely that is not Google's fault.The REAL problem with Google is that it collect a lot of info about you including your website visiting habit.

Still the same old First Principle.If you want something not to be heard, don't shout it on the street.If you don't want some picture to be seen, don't post it on the web.

when a search term is typed into the search box of google a lot of options appear. they are not always the sites the user looks for. so it can take a lot of time to watch a lot of the sites offered by google before a site with the information the user looks for is found.

uh huh, so nice intresting post but personly i think your wrong google's the best

uh huh, so nice intresting post but personly i think your wrong google's the best

certainly considered by a lot as top search tool... there are still a lot of other great search tools out there

Of course there are. The best in the competition is Bing and you might rightfully call it the Runner-up search engine. However, from my personal experience and the niche I mostly am related to (medical stuff), I think there is a huge difference between the performances of bing and google. Google is far ahead as about 90% of times it shows me what I need. I don't bother how it does it and what sort of indications it might use, but the point is that it gives me what I want to see. On the other hand, bing is at time even not usable for me as it fetches so much irrelevant results. So for me, google is the best search engine, however, the privacy thing and other grey stuff should be looked as well.