xisto Community
Nik

Youtube Is Not Opening Youtube from all browser is not opening for 5-10 minutes every hour

Hello,I am facing one problem with my internet. I am not able to connect or open the http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ website. This happens every hour for 5-10 minutes. When I am not able to connect at that time I try to open the website from different browsers but it does not open. Also I hit the ping command in the command prompt then the Connection Time Out error occurs. This happen only with youtube.com website. At that time every other website works except youtube.com. So please tell me what can be the problem. Is this problem is from my side or from server side. I think this problem is from my site but I am not able to find out the reason behind this.Thank you.

Hello,
I am facing one problem with my internet. I am not able to connect or open the http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ website. This happens every hour for 5-10 minutes. When I am not able to connect at that time I try to open the website from different browsers but it does not open. Also I hit the ping command in the command prompt then the Connection Time Out error occurs. This happen only with youtube.com website. At that time every other website works except youtube.com. So please tell me what can be the problem. Is this problem is from my side or from server side. I think this problem is from my site but I am not able to find out the reason behind this.

Thank you.

I am not such an expert of these problems but I had a similar problem some time ago. I used to watch youtube videos but for some interval regularly the youtube will become unresponsive. I could not find a way to fix the problem. I reinstalled my browser but the same problem persisted. Then I thought there might be some problem with the youtube server but after some time I noticed that the problem was not limited to youtube but many other video sites as well. So it became certain that the problem was on my part. After much research and finding no answer to my problem i just decided to renew the operating system of my computer from the very base. When i installed the windows xp again on my pc after formating my hard drives, the problem was fixed. I never came to know what actually the problem was but the end result was that it was fixed by renewing the operating system from the very base.

Alternatively, you can boot an a Linux LiveCd distro.If youtube.com works correctly with the Linux LiveCD, this means that the problem does not come from your hardware, it's somewhere in your Windows settings.

agreed with Ahsaniqbal111.the solution seems to be to reinstall the operating program. the operating program got probably poluted with too much files and unnecessary bits. it is possible that a virus entered the computer too. it is almost impossible that the website of the youtube has this problem. there would be a mass of reactions when the youtube website would not be accessable for 5 to 10 minutes every hour. and there is not such a thing like a mass of responses and a mass of complaints about the accessability of the website of the youtube.so it is obvious that the problem is caused by the computer of the topic starter. a fresh installation of the operating program is probably the easiest way to solve the problem.to give a more founded reaction more information about the specifications of the computer, the computer parts, the operating program and the browser and other programs on the computer of the topic starter can be helpfull.to yordan:this is a solution. but it is almost certain the operating program, the browser and the computer of the topic starter cause the problem. if the computer is strong enough, if the operating program is not too old and if the dvd to install the operating program is not damaged and if the browser is downloaded from the internet again there is a big possibility the reinstallation of the operating program will solve this problem.

Edited by zenia (see edit history)

the reinstallation of the operating program will solve this problem.

Re-installation of the operating system does fix all the problems related to the software because it renews the software from base to top. the hardware related problems are not fixed in this way but these problems seldom occur. The problem with the renewal solution is that you cannot always go for it because in this all your data in the primary partition will be deleted. So for those who have important data in their system this solution is not a good one. Also another problem with the renewal solution is that you will have to install all the softwares, drivers etc from base to top. Some times this become a menace on slow computers where you need to install the big softwares. So that is why people always want to solve the problem specifically and not just renew the operating system.

Yes it is right reinstalling the OS is not the solution becasue it is time consuming process. And my problem is not with the software which is installed on my Computer. My problem is with one of the website on the Internet. So I think the problem is with my LocalServer or ISP because when I ping through the online website like

http://ping.eu/ping/

then it does not show Connection Time Out whereas I try to ping it through my command prompt It shows Connection time Out. And I don't think my IP address has been banned by the Youtube server because after 5-10 minutes without changing my IP address it works on my computer. I told my friend about this and he told me that Due to the Load on the server you are facing this problem.

it is adviced to back up the important information and the precious files first before install the operating system. this seems so obvious. nevertheless it might be better to repeat this every time a new installation of the operating program is suggested. if the owner of the computer has the dvd of the operating program it is for free to install the operating program. this means that the advice to install the operating program again is an advice to try to solve the problem with a free action. and a clean installation is good for the computer in lots of occasions. so there is no harm done when the files and precious data are backed up first. so the advice to install the operating systeem again is an advice to do something that doesn cost anything and that might solve the problem.

if the server is overloaded it seems like other people would face the same problem.

The problem is not with google mind you, It is the problem with all the search engines and in fact google is the best of them and that is why it dominates the industry today. If you try to find something on yahoo, you may very well find it but i can bet that you can find the similar thing much easily on Google with all other conditions constant. So instead of making the topic "The disadvantage of google" You should have chosen the topic "The disadvantage of Search Engines"

. My problem is with one of the website on the Internet. So I think the problem is with my LocalServer or ISP because when I ping through the online website like

Well in this case the best you can do is to just call your service provider and discuss the problem with them. It is not such a big problem that may cause any worries, but yes I do admire that even these minor problems become a menace sometimes and prove to be very disgusting. So it would be best for you to call the ISP provider and tell him about the problem. If it is because of load, then at least you would know something with confirmation.

it is adviced to back up the important information and the precious files first before install the operating system. this seems so obvious. nevertheless it might be better to repeat this every time a new installation of the operating program is suggested. if the owner of the computer has the dvd of the operating program it is for free to install the operating program. this means that the advice to install the operating program again is an advice to try to solve the problem with a free action. and a clean installation is good for the computer in lots of occasions. so there is no harm done when the files and precious data are backed up first. so the advice to install the operating systeem again is an advice to do something that doesn cost anything and that might solve the problem.

if the server is overloaded it seems like other people would face the same problem.

In one of my previous posts about this topic I have said that one of the reasons that people do not like reinstalling the windows operating system is that they have huge volumes of installed data on their primary drive and if they renew the operating system, they won't loose any data but it is very time consuming to install all the things again. That is why people try to solve the problem not by renewing all the operating system, but just the problem. I will give you an example. I have 1.8 GHz processor and 512 mb RAM. If I want to install adobe acrobat 9 on my PC it takes more than 30 minutes to install. Similarly if I want to install the microsoft office, it will also take more than 30 minutes. So suppose if you have about 10 such softwares, it means you have to give 5 hours to your system (in addition to the time taken by the installation of Windows) to get back to working condition. That is why i would prefer not to renew my operating system but just fix the problem.

By the way Zenia i think there is some problem with the quote you have made in your post. It is the post i have written in the topic "The disadvantages of Google". So please correct it if you can

Yes it is right reinstalling the OS is not the solution becasue it is time consuming process. And my problem is not with the software which is installed on my Computer. My problem is with one of the website on the Internet. So I think the problem is with my LocalServer or ISP because when I ping through the online website like

The problem can be a result of DNS poisoning. I was once affected by poisoning attacks on my ISP which was detected and fixed quickly (roughly 5-15mins) however for some reason, our alternate DNS being maintained by the main company (my ISP was just a branch) was still poisoned internally. This poisoning was not an attack but perhaps a side effect of the fix. I am actively using 192.168.250.251 but for some reason streaming data goes to 192.16_.250.251 which is my uplink device IP. All steaming videos appeared as a blank box and my uplink device complains about malformed data.

The issue was resolved however by manually configuring my browsers and LAN connections to use the same IP for main DNS server and alternate DNS server and if disabling for the alternate DNS is available, I disable it.

DNS poisoning? I've heard of that somewhere. But I haven't heard of Youtube being inaccessible for 5-10 minutes before. It might be a temporary problem because in most cases whenever a site is blocked/not accessible, the problem gets solved within a few days. In any case, asking your ISP might help, and you could try using a VPN to check if it's affecting only your IP.

DNS poisoning? I've heard of that somewhere.

All computers have its own DNS, all ISP have its own DNS and if you are accesing the service of your ISP then you are copying its DNS or passing all your DNS needs to the ISP.

What is DNS.

DNS or domain name sevice is the one responsible that when you type youtube.com, it will connect to the correct service (probably another DNS server) which have the IP record of youtube.

On your online life, everything is reference by numbers, each computer have this one and the human readable version of it was called IP address or internet protocol address.

So where DNS poisoning enters? When a DNS poisoning happen, some entries on the target DNS was being modified to somewhere else and the other approach was another DNS server claiming that he have the record for the website you are trying to visit.

Take this for example

SERVER A: Healthy DNS server that owns youtube IP

SERVER B: Poisoned/fake DNS server that claims he have the records of youtube.

When you type youtube, your ISP will stumble on this 2 servers and the one that your ISP will believe depends on how its rules are setup. If your server picks SERVER B then you are forwarded to a strange site but still on the same domain name youtube.com

Network solution was sued for this type of global DNS poisoning and one of my work website falls to this scam causing the whole website unreachable on the whole continent of america. The domain loads a network solution page that have 30 ads and a claim that the domain name was not taken yet and network solution was asking for $500 to secure the domain name.

Take this local DNS poison

Youtube.com maps to 74.125.95.93 a poison attack will replace this IP to another IP. You can still see the domain as youtube.com but the website is not youtube.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNS_cache_poisoning

This link below used to have a DNS poison check example, I no longer know if this work since my ISP don't trust his DNS server. It if works or not, he included a short and brief explanation of what suppose to happen and why it will happen.

http://ketil.froyn.name/poison.html

first i recommend restarting your router or internet connection, that should get it working again. if it doesn't then check your internet settings or even try setting the windows ones to default that way you might then be able to connect. or it could be your isp blocking youtube if so ring them up and ask about it if they say they have just ask them why and see if they will unblock youtube and throw some freedoms on them to reinforce your agruement.

and throw some freedoms on them to reinforce your agruement.

Sorry, but.... whant do you mean when yu state "throw some freedoms on them" ? Do you mean singing "Freedom to the People" in the telephone?