xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pentangeli

Photoshop Cs4 (contract) The selection doesnt contract

Sometimes when I needed to apply border to something, or apply a stroke within a indent of a border, or I just needed to crop a few pixels from the edges of an image, I would often select > select all > select > modify > Contract... however CS4 has other ideas. It's grayed out, which is like, really helpful. One way I've found to get around this obvious glitch was to create an action. I'd record a quick mask "q" and then select all and then edit stroke 1px and then exit quick mask. Save the action and assign a key on the keyboard to run it. Then once you're off the 1pixel edge, you can use modify> contract as usual. Slightly messy but you only need to record the action once and then you have it at a key stroke. Problem is, how simple for them to just provide it in the menu (like they did in the all the past versions?) Guess they have more important things to be getting on with, like fighting with apple over propeitary greed and not providing cs5 for older architextures.