xisto Community
Nik

Unable To Deliver Your Message To The Following Address Error while sending an email from yahoo mail to Gmail

Hello,I was sending an email from my Yahoo email id to Gmail id of my friend . The email had 2 rar and 2 zip files included. Total size of the attachment was 4 MB. When I sent an email to him . The Mail sent successfully message was displayed. But after 5 minutes I got the reply from yahoo that "Sorry, we are unable to deliver your message to the following address"xxxxx@gmail.comMy email id is :xxxx@yahoo.co.inI got the reply from "MAILER-DAEMON@nm1.bullet.mail.in.yahoo.com"<MAILER-DAEMON@nm1.bullet.mail.in.yahoo.com>I could not send an email to my friend containing this 4 rar and zip files.Wht's the reason due to which I could not send this email to my friend .Also tell me where is the Yahooemail help so that I can contact them for this issue.

Did you try to simply send a mail without any attachment? This could clarify the mail provider change ability.Then, when your friend answers, this will check the two-ways path. And when you answer, add your files, this will check attachment handling functionality.You have to check each one of these steps because sometimes the problem is inside the attached files, for instance the mailer is sometimes unable to perform a virus check.

Yes I tried to send him an email without any attachment. And it could receive to his inbox. But with the attachment he did not receive any email.Thank you.

OK.So, the address is correct, and your friend is able to read his mails.This means that Yahoo does not accept 4 megs files. gmail has no problem receiving big files, but Yahoo has to accept sending them.Now, the best thing is to upload your files to fileserver like uploadingit.com. You mail your friend the link to the file, when he will click the link it will download the file on his PC, and then you will be able to remove the file from the server.This is the standard way for sending files, a lot of mailer do not accept attachements more than some hundreds k.

OK.So, the address is correct, and your friend is able to read his mails.
This means that Yahoo does not accept 4 megs files. gmail has no problem receiving big files, but Yahoo has to accept sending them.
Now, the best thing is to upload your files to fileserver like uploadingit.com. You mail your friend the link to the file, when he will click the link it will download the file on his PC, and then you will be able to remove the file from the server.
This is the standard way for sending files, a lot of mailer do not accept attachements more than some hundreds k.

Yordan I am afraid you made some mistake. The actual limit for yahoo mail attachment is 20mb which after some other calculations gets reduced to about 19mb. This means that the problem is not the file size limit. With the problem persisting even 100 kb file will aslo be not sent via the attachment.
I suggest writing to yahoo about the poblem. They have a separate section for the problems related to the yahoo mail. the link is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. There is a button "Contact Us" which you can use to send your problem to yahoo.
I think this will be a better option instead of going for the file hosting services because email attachment is much standard and easy to use instead of file hosting services

for a big part agreed with yordan.the size of the attachments are probably not the problem.gmail doesn't accept attachments that are executive files.the reason might be that gmail doesn't want operating systems and executable programs to be sent.the reason might be too that gmail doesn't want its servers to be disrupted by executable programs in attachments.options are like:use a website that is able to store files.burn the file to a dvd or a cd and send the dvd with the file by post.or hand the dvd over to the receiver.

OK.

So, the address is correct, and your friend is able to read his mails.

This means that Yahoo does not accept 4 megs files. gmail has no problem receiving big files, but Yahoo has to accept sending them.

Now, the best thing is to upload your files to fileserver like uploadingit.com. You mail your friend the link to the file, when he will click the link it will download the file on his PC, and then you will be able to remove the file from the server.

This is the standard way for sending files, a lot of mailer do not accept attachements more than some hundreds k.

PC? IT COULD BE A MAC FOR ALL YOU KNOW! NEXT TIME SAY COMPUTER! Edited by algo160 (see edit history)

PC? IT COULD BE A MAC FOR ALL YOU KNOW! NEXT TIME SAY COMPUTER!

Nope! A Mac is a Personal Computer. Real computers are far bigger than a mac, and have no problem sending huge files! :D