xisto Community
tgp1994

When Following A Link To My Support Ticket, Login Is Not Displayed [solved] Even when its said so.

Hi everyone.It seems that there's a small bug in the support software.I got a reply today, so I was about to go back and reply to that. I went back in the email and clicked the link that supposedly took me to my ticket. However, I was prompted with this:That's all I'm prompted with :) Hopefully you guys will be able to fix that message, or extend the cookie's lifetime.Thanks!

It's a browser display problem. Here is how it looks with Internet Explorer.annoy.htm
You see at the right the Login square, asking for your email and your password.
You can also go directly to https://support.xisto.com/
and give the infos (E-mail and password) found in the mail you are talking about.

Weird.

Seems like a problem none the less, should I be reporting this to Mozilla instead?

First of all, did you finally succeed seeing the login screen ?And secondly, yes, this would be a great idea reporting the problem to Mozilla, especially if you can show two screenshots, one displaying the login screen with the other browser, and the second one with Mozilla not being able to display it.RegardsYordan

It would appear the support software simply has different formats for different browsers, the people to talk to about it would be the software vendor which is Kayako SupportSuite v3.40.01. Just let them know that firefoxs' format of the page does not display the login screen when attempting to access a support ticket when not logged in. If Kayako get back to you and confirm it is actually a problem with firefox and not their software then they can supply a more accurate description of where the error is occuring which will save the firefox developers a lot of time in amending the error for the next release, but if it is a problem on Kayako's side then I'm sure they will amend it themselves and provide an update or a patch to their customers or simply include the amendment in the next release of their software.

It's not really a major problem anyway, just be grateful that nobody can access your support ticket without having to supply your login credentials. Simply login, click My Support then the support ticket you want to view.

I see the rightmost "Login" box with my Firefox 3.0.10 when clicking in the link provided in the mail.So, the problem is not directly firefox, it's related to something else. Maybe the screen resolution which prevents you to directly see the "upper right" corner without mouse drags?

Weird... I can't reproduce the problem any more.I tried clicking on the link directly from my email, and it worked fine.Then I tried logging out, then clicking on the link again... and it took me directly to the ticket again, with the login window at my top right, like usual.Odd.