xisto Community
ysNoi

Can I Activate Mycents Without Selecting Any Plan? [solved] Just want to clarify something.

Hi...!Can I activate myCents without selecting any plan on hosting here?I am planning to make a simple forum with my high school batch and friends but I haven't yet decided what name to use in our forum.Also, I am not yet sure if I will be registering a new domain here or create another one at .co.cc for free and have it hosted here.So for the meantime, i just want to activate myCents and later decide for other things like I mentioned above.Is it possible here?TYIA,ysNoi

You can sign up to xisto billing and support without applying for a hosting account, that comes later on. I would recommend you sign up immediately after reading this reply, every post you make at the moment means you are missing out on myCENTs. Just click the "Billing & Support" link on the sites navigation to the left and sign up for an account using the same email address you did to sign up to these forums. It has to be the exact same email address otherwise your forum account will not accumulate myCENTs.Once you have signed up you can wait a while while your myCENTs builds up and then use them to purchase a hosting account when you have enough for the type of hosting you require.Also, if you manage to save up an additional $10 you can buy a years .com registration which is a lot better than having a .co.cc domain in my opinion, and since it's a years registration then you will have plenty of time to accumulate another 1,000 myCENTs to renew the registration. You will however need to have a registered domain name in order to sign up for hosting, so if you don't want to register a .com or .co.uk etc. then you need to have one elsewhere and transfer it to your new hosting plan.So yes, sign up for the billing and support area right now and let your myCENTs build up while you post.

You will however need to have a registered domain name in order to sign up for hosting, st.

Not necessarily, you can start with a subdomain like yourname.astahost.com, and buy a domain name later.

Hi 8ennett and yordan...

Thanks for clearing up things.

I would recommend you sign up immediately after reading this reply, every post you make at the moment means you are missing out on myCENTs. Just click the "Billing & Support" link on the sites navigation to the left and sign up for an account using the same email address you did to sign up to these forums. It has to be the exact same email address otherwise your forum account will not accumulate myCENTs.

I did. Can you see now myCents?

Thank You Again...Topic Solved..

Not necessarily, you can start with a subdomain like yourname.astahost.com, and buy a domain name later.

Oh right, that's strange, I didn't have the option. It told me I either needed to purchase a domain name or transfer my current domain name which is why I saved up $12 before purchasing hosting.

Can you see now myCents?

Yes they are now showing up. Better get busy posting lol

well for that option what i did was enter it myself, although at the time i put Xisto.com as the domain with legendarygaming before it but sinc ethen i have got a cc domain which i prefer since its easy for people to get onto the site. if you are realy bothered about buying a domain you could have the cc temporaly until you buy a proper one.