you'll never leave

'cause you've understood

a single day is a whole life

I want you to stop hurting me

don't make me hate you more

don't make me wait for you

and wake me up

I hope you guys like these songs :)

This is a paper I wrote from one of my high school classes. It's about drug testing in school and whether it should be permitted. I said that it shouldn't.Testing for drugs is something that the United States has been cracking down on since the mid 1980?s. Since all of this we have resorted to drug testing as a prime source to decrease the problem of drug use. When we first started drug testing in schools or anywhere else at the matter the drug use rate has gone up. This is because tests do not work and people would rather take the chance of getting caught to use illegal drugs. Drug testing in high schools should not be permitted because they are not fully accurate, they are ineffective, and they are way too costly for the government to afford. Drug testing is not fully accurate and it could lead to a lot or students getting in caught for something they did or didn?t do. ?Another potential problem is the results of drug testing are not necessarily reliable. Despite careful testing and analytical procedures, false negative and false positive results are possible? (Drug Testing in 3). Some students can get off from getting caught by flushing their system with large amounts of water and diuretics (Drug Testing in 3). All of these show why drug testing is not accurate because the subject can avoid testing positive and the tests can show up whichever way. ?Most testing is done through a urinalysis, in which a person?s urine is examined in a laboratory for the presence of drugs. That system does not always indicate whether a person is a drug user? (Drug Testing 3). In conclusion drug testing is not accurate because the tests are reliable, the subject can wash their system out, and the urinal system is not always truthful. Testing students is not effective there are studies out there that have tested one school and when the results come in the percentages of drug use are just the same as a school that did not test. Drug testing in schools has shown no sign of slowing down the students drug use (Winter A1). Testing does not change a students mind about drug use if they want to continue using drugs they will do as they please. ?Regardless of the schools? motivations, it is clear that drug testing raises a number of complex issues? (Drug Testing 1). Drug testing is a good idea but it is too much for schools to handle. The students will not be as comfortable with the faculty members because they know they are using illegal drugs. The drug testing programs that schools would have would not be as effective as the military or the workplace has (Congress 1). So all this would just be a waste of everyone?s time because it would not be useful. All in all drug testing is not effective because the percentages do not change on schools that do test, it would make to many issues with the faculty members and students, and it would not work 100 percent because they would not have the best drug testing program. Drug testing throughout Michigan and high schools across the country would cost way too much. ?School should not implement a drug testing program until they?re proven to work,? he added. ?They?re too expensive. It?s like having experimental surgery that?s never been shown to work? (Winter A1). There are other ways to approach the drug use problem with out invading a student?s privacy and using a lot of money. The school can put on skits or plays that teach the students about drug use and what it could lead to. ?Many prevention programs in school dryly talk about consequences of drug use, use scare tactics such as mock alcohol related fatality skits, or show samples of drugs that only peak students? interest in ?learning more? about them? (Study Shows NP). In conclusion drug testing is just too expensive schools need to find another way to lower the drug use in the school if it is out of hand. ?If students are attending school on Monday mornings ?hungover? from marijuana use it should be evident from their physical appearance or demeanour? (Drug Testing In 2). This all proves why drug testing is too expensive and that there are different approaches to lower the drug use rate in schools across the country. Drug testing throughout Michigan and the country would cost too much, it?s ineffective and it is never truly accurate. Testing students is not worth all the hassle and the stress that would be brought on by it. In recent polls they have showed that drug testing has no sign of slowing down drug use.

This is a paper I wrote from one of my high school classes. It's about drug testing in school and whether it should be permitted. I said that it shouldn't.

Testing for drugs is something that the United States has been cracking down on since the mid 1980s. Since all of this we have resorted to drug testing as a prime source to decrease the problem of drug use. When we first started drug testing in schools or anywhere else at the matter the drug use rate has gone up. This is because tests do not work and people would rather take the chance of getting caught to use illegal drugs. Drug testing in high schools should not be permitted because they are not fully accurate, they are ineffective, and they are way too costly for the government to afford.

Drug testing is not fully accurate and it could lead to a lot or students getting in caught for something they did or didnt do. Another potential problem is the results of drug testing are not necessarily reliable. Despite careful testing and analytical procedures, false negative and false positive results are possible (Drug Testing in 3). Some students can get off from getting caught by flushing their system with large amounts of water and diuretics (Drug Testing in 3). All of these show why drug testing is not accurate because the subject can avoid testing positive and the tests can show up whichever way. Most testing is done through a urinalysis, in which a persons urine is examined in a laboratory for the presence of drugs. That system does not always indicate whether a person is a drug user (Drug Testing 3). In conclusion drug testing is not accurate because the tests are reliable, the subject can wash their system out, and the urinal system is not always truthful.

Testing students is not effective there are studies out there that have tested one school and when the results come in the percentages of drug use are just the same as a school that did not test. Drug testing in schools has shown no sign of slowing down the students drug use (Winter A1). Testing does not change a students mind about drug use if they want to continue using drugs they will do as they please. Regardless of the schools motivations, it is clear that drug testing raises a number of complex issues (Drug Testing 1). Drug testing is a good idea but it is too much for schools to handle. The students will not be as comfortable with the faculty members because they know they are using illegal drugs. The drug testing programs that schools would have would not be as effective as the military or the workplace has (Congress 1). So all this would just be a waste of everyones time because it would not be useful. All in all drug testing is not effective because the percentages do not change on schools that do test, it would make to many issues with the faculty members and students, and it would not work 100 percent because they would not have the best drug testing program.

Drug testing throughout Michigan and high schools across the country would cost way too much. School should not implement a drug testing program until theyre proven to work, he added. Theyre too expensive. Its like having experimental surgery thats never been shown to work (Winter A1). There are other ways to approach the drug use problem with out invading a students privacy and using a lot of money. The school can put on skits or plays that teach the students about drug use and what it could lead to. Many prevention programs in school dryly talk about consequences of drug use, use scare tactics such as mock alcohol related fatality skits, or show samples of drugs that only peak students interest in learning more about them (Study Shows NP). In conclusion drug testing is just too expensive schools need to find another way to lower the drug use in the school if it is out of hand. If students are attending school on Monday mornings hungover from marijuana use it should be evident from their physical appearance or demeanour (Drug Testing In 2). This all proves why drug testing is too expensive and that there are different approaches to lower the drug use rate in schools across the country.

Drug testing throughout Michigan and the country would cost too much, its ineffective and it is never truly accurate. Testing students is not worth all the hassle and the stress that would be brought on by it. In recent polls they have showed that drug testing has no sign of slowing down drug use.

143518[/snapback]

hehehe, wut? :rolleyes: