xisto Community
ysNoi

Linux Games

The games are divided in sections depending of the game type.Linux is not a game type, it's an operating system type.Now you see the same game on Windows PC, on Wii, on PS. I hope that we will soon see the same game on Linux. But it will still be the same game, so n need to create a special category.Same thing for the MS-Dos games, they are action games or text games or puzzle games, no need to create a "ms-dos old-fashioned games" section.Of course, this is my own private opinion.

I half agree with yordan. It does make sense for them not to have their own category, but it would still make it harder to find games that run on linux. After all, linux is 'the gaming system'.

I have to say actually, many windows-based games can be run on a linux machine using virtual technology. Even without the use of software such as vmware it is possible to run a windows environment on a linux machine making it possible to run windows software as well as windows games, especially considering they are built on fat32 and ntfs filing systems.Linux games can't be run on a windows system however without the use of full operating system virtual machine technology, so linux games are indeed unique to linux however windows games are not.Emulation negates the ability to create a sub-forum based on the machine the games run on, as this again would create even more sub-forums divided by game genre and also looking at it from a technical point of view (this is getting in to base semantics and in-depth logic) would eventually require every single game individually having their own forum.So to make a long speech short, I agree with yordan :) And just to add, alienware is "the gaming system" which I believe runs windows as a standard operating system. Hard pill to swallow, and does indeed make me feel ill, but it's a fact.Note I haven't commented on macs simply because they are a pile of...

On one of my groups forum, we usually solved problems like that by appending versions or systems where they run.As an example was:[Linux/Unix/Mac][Apache] Autothumbnailer ScriptThis is on assumption that everyone will follow the naming convention. Even on our group, there are times that people will instantly label the shared code as [Windows][iIS] even if the code was strictly for Ruby Rails on Apache. :)

I'm now on Nexuis game so maybe somebody here also play this game.

I really love games, that game will be soon tested by me. Well, after I finish fixing wrong state info stored on one of our customer's database (we are paid to fix it and it suck).

I really enjoy playing Quake on Ubuntu. It's an online game and I just use Firefox to open it. The requirements aren't that demanding. I managed to get by on an old (8 years) laptop.