xisto Community
H.O.D

Earning Online - Forever A Mystery?

When I say "earning online", I don't refer to selling/offering services on the internet, which are very good ways of earning. I'm referring to those in which the lazy user doesn't have to do anything much to earn :) I'm referring to PTC/GPT sites and their like. I don't want to earn thousands of dollars using the internet and I know its impossible through ptc sites. But I just wish I found a site where I could get to that minimum cashout in days and not months/years!I located the site ptc-investigations.com which has a good list of legit sites and those which are scam. There is another list called the "Elite" list which has sites which have been online since a long time and have been paying out continuously. One common thing about all these "elite" and "legit" sites is that they take a lot of time to reach to the cashout. This may be reassuring that it is a legit site but also irritating because a lot of time is wasted clicking ads and filling out surveys and the result is very less. It's not fair to expect high payouts for doing nothing, but somehow I get the feeling that the admins of the site are not paying out on a 50-50 basis, which is actually a fair share to both parties. Some sites give as high as $0.05 per click while some go as low as $0.000001! So obviously there must be some amount that is meant to be shared with the user but is not being done so!So what I am asking is that is there any hope of finding a good site in which users can reach the payout within days? (Please don't say neobux :D ) I know getting more referrals can make any site easy but its hard these days because everyone seems to be knowing about these sites and are staying away from it!

I moved your topic here, where it's place most probably is.
Additionally, you should read the topics in the subforums in this Xisto link : http://forums.xisto.com/topic/108-forum/
You will find a lot of info concerning the various ways of earning money with websites.
You will see that the first trick is to have an interesting website, with a very interesting content attractive for a lot of visitors.
Regards
Yordan

Advertising revenue is one way to make money, but offering services and products online offers greater rewards for the effort spent. The original poster did mention that he/she would not want to provide services over the Internet, but getting the payout in days rather than months or years would require relying on more than just advertising revenue. Besides, if you can attract potential buyers to your website, they may be more likely to click the banner ads than a casual surfer who would ignore them due to the likelihood that the banners are posted with an intent to sell services or products. Since clicks pay more than views, you could get a better deal on the advertising revenue too.As soon as you decide to sell services, you would lose a large portion of your audience, either because they don't have credit cards or because they don't want to pay for Internet-related services because they believe paying for Internet access entitles them to services for free, or because they are simply on the lookout for freebies. There's no harm in wanting a freebie because when they do visit a webpage, they register as an impression for the banner ads and add to the traffic to the website.As long as whatever you do is not unethical, there's a bunch of stuff you could do to pay your web hosting charges, and perhaps get a bit extra to get to pay a cheap web designer to have some tweaks made to your site. If you've been around for a while, you could increase that to a substantial amount.

As long as whatever you do is not unethical, there's a bunch of stuff you could do to pay your web hosting charges, and perhaps get a bit extra to get to pay a cheap web designer to have some tweaks made to your site. If you've been around for a while, you could increase that to a substantial amount.

I've tried putting ads on my site and tried to focus on the content instead of how many clicks were made, but I guess the type of content I had wasn't attractive enough. You mention "a bunch of stuff"; could you please give an example or two? I already pay my web hosting charges using myCENTs so whatever small amount I earn I could use it as pocket money. So if you have any useful hints for me that would be wonderful to know.

I moved your topic here, where it's place most probably is.

Oops, sorry I couldn't spot this site in all the clutter on the page and thought to post in the best possible place. I'll be more watchful in the future :)

Desperate actions sometimes affect future. I mean if you put ads from network and click on it for your own sake then yes it is forver mystery to you. Besides that money from PTC/GPT and other forum posting sites will only take you to earn peanuts. I mean some people think it's right way but i don't so i have my theory which works because i have see this by watching other succesful people.

Affiliate marketing - Check jonathanvolk.com and warriorforum.com to know more what affiliate amrketing is all about. I'll leave the rest to you to figure out how you can make lots of money without having to run those CPC ads on your site. You may get frustrated with it but check the resources i explained and you'll see.

Squidoo, Bukisa and triond- These are the site that can pay you money for writing articles on their site. There are many people on these network earning 10$-50$ a month just for writing article. Some people have written only 10-50 articles and are consistently earning money without having to login to that place anymore.

Membership and Mailing list- Membership sits are also interesting ways to earn money. If you have knowledge on say X domain then write about it in personal space or blog of forum and sell the membership. Problogger.com is one example of this. Mailing list varies as per the niche so you have to study about it to see the results.

For me squidoo, bukisa is working fine and they're earning me few dollars to pay internet bills and that is fine for me. I have sites here on CH for which CPC sometimes pay few dollars and rest comes from affiliate marketing. CPC ads on site and other graphical ads rarely convert and unless you have original content and good traffic it never works.

I know that affiliate marketing and product download type of ways requires more work than others. But money doesn't grow on trees and you have to spend time and money to earn more money. There is no magic button on the internet that gives you money. PTC/GPT can do that to earn you cents of their cents. So you can figure out on your own which ways is good for you.