xisto Community
H.O.D

Do You Still Have Interest In Nfs?

at one time, whenever someone mentioned a video game with racing in it, the first thing that used to come to my mind was need for speed. it was the ultimate thrill in racing games and i can never forget the first full version that i played - need for speed 2:special edition :Dsome ten years later the series still exists but it is struggling to maintain its image as the best racing game series ever. "burnout" is just one of the names which is being heard a lot these days whenever racing games are mentioned. i haven't played a single burnout game till now but all this talk is making me wonder if need for speed is losing its image. has the damage been done too much?the next game to come out in the series is titled "need for speed:hot pursuit" No, its not the 1998 game but has the same title as that one. this shows that the series is trying out its luck by returning to the old formula! the old hot pursuit game was fun and so was hot pursuit 2. after that the series sort of fizzled out with little hope from pro street and shift. then there are two more games in development including shift 2.i'm really hoping that the next games bring back the series to life because i'm just not ready to let go of the series like many people are doing. there may be better games out there but this was the series which taught a lesson or two to all the others! so what about you other gamers out there. are you ready to give the series another chance or will you just move on and wait for the next big sensation?!!!! i hope there are still a lot of nfs fans out there, even if many of them are complaining a lot :)

at one time, whenever someone mentioned a video game with racing in it, the first thing that used to come to my mind was need for speed. it was the ultimate thrill in racing games and i can never forget the first full version that i played - need for speed 2:special edition :)
some ten years later the series still exists but it is struggling to maintain its image as the best racing game series ever. "burnout" is just one of the names which is being heard a lot these days whenever racing games are mentioned. i haven't played a single burnout game till now but all this talk is making me wonder if need for speed is losing its image. has the damage been done too much?

the next game to come out in the series is titled "need for speed:hot pursuit" No, its not the 1998 game but has the same title as that one. this shows that the series is trying out its luck by returning to the old formula! the old hot pursuit game was fun and so was hot pursuit 2. after that the series sort of fizzled out with little hope from pro street and shift. then there are two more games in development including shift 2.

i'm really hoping that the next games bring back the series to life because i'm just not ready to let go of the series like many people are doing. there may be better games out there but this was the series which taught a lesson or two to all the others! so what about you other gamers out there. are you ready to give the series another chance or will you just move on and wait for the next big sensation?!!!! i hope there are still a lot of nfs fans out there, even if many of them are complaining a lot :D

Yes because its the same spirit like the first NFS.

I remember I used to play NFS, but never played those newer NFS games as I started to dislike racing games at all.. Usually now, I want to relax then playing some kind of a game, it needs to be interesting or at least easy to play :)I remember I used to play NFS with friends and it was really fun, but whenever I try to play a racing game, it's boring for me, don't know what changed.

I remember the time when i used to play NFS for straight 3 hours or more. Then i lost the interests and after that developed my interest in MMORPG. Now i play some shooting and RPG games. Racing , GTA and some criminal games are boring and i find it really waste of time. I'm not going to waste time again on NFS or similar games it looks boring for me.

NFS was always my choice of racing game back in the day, however I've also gone off them as I got older., but I never did prefer any other racing game to NFS back then. I thought they had started to lose it after Most Wanted 2 and didn't bother looking in to any others, however I was pleasantly surprised by Carbon. My brother got a copy for his Wii and I spent hours on it having a nostalgia attack.The way the game actually utilised the phsycial controls of the Wii handset was amazing, tilting the nunchuck side to side to steer and lifting the handset up and down to accelerate and reverse, also the handbrake and nitro were in the perfect place and you could just feel the movement of the car, amazing. Also the gameplay itself was pretty good too, the storyline running (I thought they could have added more to it though) and the photography in the cut-scenes was amazing. Also the different types of crew members and their skills were good and made it different.

Need for speed was a super Hit with its second edition. I remember at that time I bought a PC just to play the NFS 2 Special edition. It was so fun.It is correct that other Racing games are now developed and some have even exceeded the quality of need for speed but I shall say that the newer versions of the need for speed series and very good. For example the need for speed underground 1 and 2 were also hit. Similarly the need for speed Most wanted was awesome. According to my opinion the Need for speed most wanted is the best racing game I have ever played. Although it is a bit old but I still feel that the newer games from both the Need for speed series and all others are not as good as the need for speed most wanted. So it is true that competition is developing but the spirit is still there.

The way the game actually utilised the phsycial controls of the Wii handset was amazing, tilting the nunchuck side to side to steer and lifting the handset up and down to accelerate and reverse, also the handbrake and nitro were in the perfect place and you could just feel the movement of the car, amazing. Also the gameplay itself was pretty good too, the storyline running (I thought they could have added more to it though) and the photography in the cut-scenes was amazing. Also the different types of crew members and their skills were good and made it different.

Wow, the experience of playing NFS on the Wii sounds really amazing :) On the regular consoles though, NFS doesn't seem to be very exciting anymore. The other day I was playing Burnout:Takedown and was amazed by how it easily managed to surpass even the latest NFS in terms of fun and playability. If an old game like Takedown could better the playing experience of the latest NFS, then it is really a bad thing for the NFS franchise, and is something that the developers of the forthcoming NFS games should take into consideration.

I suppose I did make it sound a little too poetic lol but then again it is definately worth the experience, it doesn't just feel like you are driving the car but more like you are the car, once you get your movements perfect then you will be able to control the car far better than any console controller could, even the over-steering over-powered muscle cars will be under your full controlAlso I've realised the other games don't deliver the storyline the same way, in carbon the whole story is a mix of computer animated backgrounds and vehicles with real actors thrown in to the scenes. Most of the other games are just text based storylines and occasionally some voice-overs.

I think pretty much the entire NFS series before NFS:Carbon was cool. I always enjoyed Porsche Unleashed or Hot Pursuit 2 as a kid, and especially in PU, the combination of techno music and course design seemed... inspiring.

I think we should all get PU and play a network game together.

23134d1214170706-games-you-like-play-mos

Good times. Wait, what?

I got need for speed 2 a long time ago when I got my first psx and I loved it. I ended up also getting hot pursuit and high stakes. I still have them all and I love need for speed high stakes even though its graphics are sub-par now. I wish nfs would go back and remake some of their old games and make them have better graphics. Anyway I loved putting in the cheat codes in nfs 2 and driving like an outhouse and a schoolbus to name a few.

i still have that big interest in the need for speed series although i personally think that need for speed undercover let the series slip. not because of the missions but of the fact that on the wii you couldn't get the buggati veyron and that in my opnion is what alot of people get the game for because they wanted to be able to race in that car and go to extreme speeds throughout the city. as well as using it in any races that you havn't completed after getting it for the simple fact that it would make things like the time trials much easier.i think as long as the games stick to the need for speed formula they are good, although they should have the same cars on the game throughout the different consoles, otherwise people get annonyed at the company for discriminating agaisnt the other consoles. in my opinion companies should not be able to discriminate between the consoles. its okay for exclusives but any other times is not good.