xisto Community
Ahsaniqbalkmc

Top 6 Earning Websites On The Internet

Below is the list of websites that earn the most revenue on the internet.

Google

This company was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin. Every one is familiar to their extent of expansion and there is no doubt that they earn the most money in the business. The annual revenue of this website is $21,800,000,000. This means a per second income of about 700$

Amazon

This company was founded by Jeff Bezos and has the larges affiliate network on the internet. The annual revenue of this website is $19,166,000,000 and this means a per second income of about 600 $

Yahoo

The company was founded by Jerry yang and david filo. This company has a huge influence in one of the greatest market of the world- the united states of America. The annual revenue of this website is $7,200,000,000 and this means a per second income of about 225 $

eBay
Number four on the ranking is ebay. Similar to Amazon this company also has a very huge affiliate network. This company was founded by Pierre Omidyar. The annual revenue of this company is $6,290,000,000 and this means a per second income of about 200$

MSN
The number five is the number 3 largest search engine of the world. It was founded by Nathan myhrvold. The annual revenue of this company is $3,214,000,000 and this means a per second income of about 100 $

PayPal
Number 6 on the list is Paypal the money transfer service providers. It was founded by Max Levchin, Peter Thiel, and Luke Nosek. The annual revenue of this website is $2,250,000,000 and this means a per second income of about 70 $

Reference: http://www.incomediary.com/top-earning-websites#

This might be the case about Youtube.The costs of Youtube are very high. There is a lot of space on servers needed to store all the videos. And the stream of all the videos costs a lot of bandwidth.Youtube is bought for a very big sum of money. So it takes some time before this is earned back.Four years ago Google paid $ 1,650,000,000,-- for the Youtube. The revenues of advertising were not very high. One of the reasons is that a lot of videos can be seen like illegal. They contain content which belongs to other people. Examples are videos in which people dance on music of an artist. Also tv shows are shown on Youtube by people who don't own the copyrights of the tv show. The effect of this is that advertisers fear that their advertisement will show up next to an illegal video.These are some of the reasons why Google didn't make much money with the Youtube.If google earns money lately with the Youtube isn't known. It seams that the construction in which Youtube shows advertisements attached to videos and shares the revenues by the owners of the copy rights might contribute to the profits of Google. This is not sure yet.

Edited by zenia (see edit history)

This might be the case about Youtube.
The costs of Youtube are very high. There is a lot of space on servers needed to store all the videos. And the stream of all the videos costs a lot of bandwidth.

Woah, I wonder how much bandwidth YouTube uses up monthly. Wikipedia claims that YouTube used as much bandwidth in 2007 than the entire internet in 2000. I find that ridiculous. I don't see why Google would bother continue paying for YouTube. YouTube also has to pay their partners too which is also a lot out of their pocket. YouTubers like Fred or nigahiga make 6 figures from posting on YouTube.

Very nice information, it's interesting to know the incomes of those big services on google, I wonder if they get so much income, what are the expenses.. I've heard that google doesn't even know what to do with all the income? And besides, where's facebook in the list, as I heard it's getting on of the biggest "companies" on the internet and gets a lot of revenue?Youtube has a lot of potential, even though it's very costly to maintain in, but I think with time it will work, HTML5 might make the bandwidth cost dramatically lower, as it may send videos which doesn't take so much space, FLV files usually are not so compressed than other formats. :)Nevertheless, youtube is full of junk too, a lot of whom doesn't liek the ads on the video files when you watching something.

Very nice information, it's interesting to know the incomes of those big services on google, I wonder if they get so much income, what are the expenses.. I've heard that google doesn't even know what to do with all the income? And besides, where's facebook in the list, as I heard it's getting on of the biggest "companies" on the internet and gets a lot of revenue?
Youtube has a lot of potential, even though it's very costly to maintain in, but I think with time it will work, HTML5 might make the bandwidth cost dramatically lower, as it may send videos which doesn't take so much space, FLV files usually are not so compressed than other formats. :)

Nevertheless, youtube is full of junk too, a lot of whom doesn't liek the ads on the video files when you watching something.

I started this topic but after watching the movie "The social network" and coming to know that facebook has made its owner the world's youngest billionaire, I also wonder where is facebook in the list. All the info I wrote on the first post of the topic came from research on the internet and unfortunately I could not find the name of facebook anywhere in top 5. SO i had to write the post without including facebook. Maybe the facebook's earnings are not as huge as these very old websites yet.

I started this topic but after watching the movie "The social network" and coming to know that facebook has made its owner the world's youngest billionaire, I also wonder where is facebook in the list. All the info I wrote on the first post of the topic came from research on the internet and unfortunately I could not find the name of facebook anywhere in top 5. SO i had to write the post without including facebook. Maybe the facebook's earnings are not as huge as these very old websites yet.

Facebook is getting there. From @time Facebook's revenue reported at $800 million in 2009. I love facebook. Most people that I know use facebook which is very convenient for me since I have another way to contact people. Lots of people are transitioning from MySpace to Facebook.

Myspace is still suitable for musicians and artists. Myspace has music widgets which are better than facebook. You can add music player in myspace which you can't in facebook. But facebook goes with saying, you can add video. But not all things are in video format so what's the point ? It's not that myspace is going to die in next 2 years anytime soon. More and more people still using myspace as promotional place for their music, art and other items. Facebook is good but it gets in the way of personal life and professional life. People are forced to create multiple ID in order to maintain that balance. This is not the case with myspace as it is always professional place to begin with.

Most of these sites you list have affiliate programs -- costs you nothing except some code and space on your site! So it's definitely a good thing that these sites are helping regular people be able to become money makers from their own websites.I've a Google affiliate and an Amazon affiliate. Attempting Ebay .. had trouble. But I'm glad there's no penalty for not having anyone click links or buy things. Very glad these companies aren't penalizing anyone for not making a certain amount of quota. A more "if they buy they buy, if not, there will be more who see it" attitude.

Thanks for sharing the info, im suprised how low ebay is on the list. They must be making a fortune going by the amount of trading that goes on online nowadays. one day I hope to open a business online and earn the same amount of money ;)