xisto Community
yordan

What Did You Buy Last Time ? Show us your choice

What did you buy ?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What did you buy last time ? What was the thing you wanted so much, that you could not wait for it. Or the device you needed, so it was impossible not to buy it.Let me start with my last happiness.My Sony CRT display was soo nice, and after five years my nice photos started been awful.So I bought a niceSamsung SyncMaster T220 : as it's name says, it's a 22 inches LCD. It's terrific. For writing MS Word Documents, you can comfortably display two readable pages. And for pictures, it's simply marvelous.

i bought a new hd tv and hooked it up to my computer. it is ace for playing high detail games and i have my old monitor set up in a dual monitor display. if i m playing an intense game i can have a walkthrough displayed on my second display while the tv displays the high precision games. the tv i bought is a bush one. no not the guy who ruled america thinking the world was a board game.

I used to have a 19 inches CRT monitor for some time on my desktop computers years ago. I bought a laptop 15.4 inches and it had/has a resolution of 1680x1050. Really well, but after some time I also bought a new LCD Lenovo wide-screen monitor of 22 inches, but with resolution of 1920x1200 !!So now when using it I'm very happy, I can see everything on the screen, and the feature Windows 7 has is really very comfortable, you can drag a window to the left side and it will maximize half of screen and you can drag another window to the right and it will maximize on the other side of the screen and you'll have two windows on all your screen, it's very comfortable when you need to read lets say a PDF document and write a document with Word or Open Office, very very convenient.Same you can have a browser and an IDE for website developing and see everything! without changing windows :)Now I want to buy a portable HDD at least having 500-650 GB, which would be small enough to fit into a bigger pocket and that it could connect through USB, I looked at the Internet and found some good ones from Samsung. :D

Yes, I feel this very comfortable at work : the .doc text file describing the job to be done on the left display, and doing the job inside the right display, and the copying left-to-right when sending the confirmation mail, it's really comfortable.

least having 500-650 GB

Do you really need 500 Gigs?Because if you can be satisfied with 250 gigs, the "Toshiba StorE Steel 250 Go 1.8" is really small : 91 x 60 x 10 mm, easily fits in your pocket, and 160 grams weight, you would not feel it heavy in your pocket.
And you buy a 650 disk with a firewire or usb dual dock at home, and transfer from the 1.8" to the 3.5".
Of course, this is the luxury choice I would decide if I had a lot of money : the small-in-size disk in my pocket, and transfer to the big-in-size and big-in-gigs disk at home, carrying only the the files necessary for my this-week work. The transfer from the 3.5" disk to the 1.8" going through the dock internal bus, in order to have increased speed.

Just browsed some Internet shops in my country:

Toshiba StorE Steel 1.8" 250GB HDD USB 2.0 Titanium

Costs: 126.28 Euros

Weight: around 120 g

Toshiba StorE Art 2.5" 640GB HDD Green

Costs: 115.56 Euros

Weight: around 155 g

So it's 640 GB and costs ~11 Euro cheaper, of course it's a bit bigger..

This is the one i'm interested to buy:

HDD External SAMSUNG G2 Portable (2.5",500GB,USB 2.0)

Costs: 80.81 Euros

Weight: around 146 g

I've read some reviews that it's good and it's cost is really great! The one you suggested is really good, because it's dimensions are much smaller and it weight is small. :) I think the prices can be different in different countries, I wonder for how much can you buy those devices in your country? What is the difference..

I guess that, besides transport fees, the prices in Europe should be roughly the same. For instance I see the Toshiba StorE Steel 250 Go 1.8" at 121.56 euros. Concerning the other disk sizes, for instance Lacie Rikiki 500 Go 2.5" is worth 78.40 euros

I bought an HTC HD2 Smartphone. Its a powerhouse compared to my previous one - the entry level, HTC P3400i.

Here's a comparison of the two. It has all the features I was looking for and more. The GPS & 1 GHz Snapdragon processor being the main attraction for me.

I had been waiting for it's price to drop for a while now. But it was only when the old set started having problems (like ringtones not playing, etc) that I decided to buy it. It did burn quite a hole in the pocket, being 3 times the price of the P3400i.

I bought yesterday this external HDD: HDD External SAMSUNG G2 Portable (2.5",640GB,USB 2.0) BLACKSo it's even 640 GB, I saw that it costs 85.44 EUR, so only ~5 EUR more than the same device with only 500 GB :)On Monday, I'm going to go to the company salon and take it :P I'm very happy with this device, wanted to buy it for about 3 months and in those three months the cost for it has dropped about 27 EUR, due it thee months ago it cost 112.66 EUR :D

I just purchased dell's 19 inch monitor. It's flat and wide and much better than my earlier CRT monitor. one bad thing about it is it should have been beter at height. But oh well though height is small but wider screen is perfect for the movie watching and some other writing tasks. resolution is changed for me now and it is at 1280 which is fairly high. I'm planning to purchase laptop sooner and i think it could be near about december or later in 2011 perhaps.

one bad thing about it is it should have been beter at height.

What do you mean by "at height"? Do you mean that you move it higher off it's stand? Because when you are seated your eyes are to high above the center of the screen ?

There are some monitors which allow you to increase the legth of that pod which is holding screen. I was talking about that. looking it from long distance makes it hard if the pod is not letting you increase the height. There is not such setting with pod which holds this screen. But i guess because of weight there is issue with holding it and that is why this functionality is not available with this monitor.

There are some monitors which allow you to increase the legth of that pod which is holding screen.

I see what you mean. At work in my office, I can raise and lower the screen, which is very comfortable. So, you can heave it and tilt it.At home, my screen is bigger, and the pod has a fixed lengtht, probably because the screen is heavier. So I can only tilt it.
Our home TV can be rotated (toward the left side or toward the right side), but it cannot be tilted nor lifted.

With TV i don't see much dead pixels which distort the screen usually with computers. But with tv i guess they do some modification or something that makes it easy to view tv from long distance which is not possible with monitor.(just one of those my observation).By the way purchasing those wireless mouse is worth the investment ? i'm thinking about that cause i've one pc and i've limited table space so want to use wireless mouse for that. any idea about wireless keyboard and mouse brand ?