xisto Community
aloKNsh

Best File Hosting Site Which one is the best for you find out.

yOU WOULD BE AMAZED TO KNOW THAT NOW WE GENERATE ALMOST 43000 GB daily. Its a fact and its increasing every second as now more and more users are turning their head towards the net to share their documents and files and to share videos and all instead of cd though they are also here but the best way to share the videos file audo or any document is file hosting site.There are tons of filehosting sites which i think you would prefer. I did a market survey when i needed a file hosting site which can host my file for lifetime and also never ever make it public. I mean it wont make my file visible to all and should not let the search engine index my file. Neither any other user can view my file. ONly the one having the link can download the file. It should also be 5gb or unlimited file size. I need to upload a file of 4 gb and was thinking of expanding so i also made this criteria that the max. one file size should be more than 5gb or preferred unlimited, but the bandwith didnt matter for me as i want to sahre some of my private files or keep a backup of my private file so that in future if i want to i can download it. i wanted a cheap but preferred a free service but after doing some survey if i want this all features then i should pay some bucks or else just forget the idea of hosting files. Here are some of the list of the sites which offer this kind of service and plz dont say that you can upload 200 mb file size because i didnt want to downaload it in parts and dont scam here if you dont like the thread. You can many sites which say that your file lives for as long as your premium accounts status stays with you and once you are general your file will be deleted. Some say that after the 60 days of last download you get your file vanished and many another toc. It was impossible for anyone to get a lifetime membership from any site as its too costly. You cant register a premium account everytime or every year unless and untill you are a spoiled child of a rich dad. Many offer a life time membership but they are too costly.
Here is some of the sites which you would like to know.
The list is according to my choice. Purely according to me. Before taking any decision plz check the site. It can be updated but i check the site a week ago so dont think much changes. Still its my suggestion, you like it well and good or else plz dont post scam here.

1) Filebox.com- I like this the most because they fulfiled all my criteria. It was cheap and also secure and i think it is a new service in net. You can upload a file of anysize and your files stays as long as you are a premium member. Now you would tell then why i have put the site in the first postion in my list??? Then heres the answer-Lifetime mebership costs 19.95$. Yes this is just hell cheap. I mean can you imagine lifetime just for 20 bucks. I dont think its an bad idea. They wont share your file with other members nor will they let the search engine index your files. Only the one having the link can find your file. Buy an lifetime mebership and let your file live for ever it the best service which i think will rock the net sooner or later. Filebox is easy to use and also lets you earn money if your file is download like for every 1000 download you get 10$ (i am not sure of the amount) check the service by visiting http://www.filebox.com/. Its having a simple template which is nice and also lets a room for you to breathe. You get a premuim status for lifetime and also the file is secure i think this is the best for me.

2)Megaupload.com- This is the famous MU. This is in demand for sharing illegal stuff mainly for warez for for general use also this is nice. BUt a flaw your file satys as long as you are a premium member. They provide a lifetime membership for 195$ which is pretty much for me. They say they are secure but the hackers are constantly hitting the mu accounts to get access and you want that one of them would wander in your account so better keep out. They are the best if you have lotta money to give in file hosting sites. There support is great and also you get the reply in 2 days.If you are plannign of storing your file for lifetime and you have some money to spend then i would recommend Megaupload. You get many benifits like if you are a warez user fan and likes to download file in http then Mu is the best as almost every stuff can be found in MU. For general member the file size limit is round 200 mb but once you are premium you get unlimited one.

3)Rapidshare.com- Now i dont think i have to tell you al about this as you all would surely know about this site. This is the largest on the net and you can get everything on net. But the flaw is the same as MU. Your file stays as long as you are a premium member then your file dies after 90 days from last download. And also for general user the limit is just 200mb. They dont offer lifetime membership but a yearly membership which is around 54gbp. And its impossible for all to renew their membership each year. Also RS is famous in all the warez users and hackers and they hit the servers regularly to get rs premium accounts. RS tries to protect your account but still fails to protect the account. RS account is surely in demand in all the forums. I would recommend rs only if you have a lotta money and you upload file for the commercial use or say one which will be downloaded every now and then. But be preperaed to have your account hacked. As the hackers dont let the rs members have a nice breathe they constantly hack the servers and sometimes they are successful also. Also serach engines are in way to index the file being stored there and tring to get the files made public.

3) Divshare.com- i would love to use this service as they are nice and also offers your file to stay forever. But there are 2 things which i dont like 1) they make your file public, 2) There is a limit to your file thats 500mb). But you get unlimited bandwith and space with no ads. Preety good site if you dont mind your file to be shared or made public but just want your file to stay forever. They are great for comercial use and to send small files with a lifetime validaty.

4) NOw i dont have any site in my 4th rank rather there are number of sites competitng to come in my list in 4th rank lol :)

FILEFACTORY.comLets you upload 25 files at once
Max file size limit: 300MB Only you can delete the files you uploaded File deleted after 7 days if noone downloaded it. FileFactory lets you host files up to 500MB for free. You don't have to register and

BIGUPLOAD.com
Max file size limit: 500Mb Unlimited space. Files are deleted after 30 days if not downloaded. Download the file again (resume feature) if you lost it or accidentally deleted it. The file can't be removed or deleted by anyone but Bigupload or yourself.
For the personal uses it can be home videos, music, mp3's, computer games, songs, cell phone ring tones, computer software, digital camera photos and albums.

This are some of the more sites which i dont take the credit. They are just to provide you some info. source is some other site.

Store and Serve
File Size Limit: 100MB (Free Reg: 250MB)
Download Limit: Unlimited
File Life: 30 Days (Deleted only if there is no download activity in 30 days)
URL: storeandserve.com

BIGfileupload
File Size Limit: 1111MB
File Life: Unknown
URL: bigfileupload.com

GigaSize
File Size Limit: 1GB (Free Reg: 1.5GB)
File Life: 45 Days, Free Reg: 90 Days (Deleted only if there is no download activity in 45/90 days)
URL: http://www.gigasize.com/

Uploaded
File Size Limit: 250MB
File Life: Unknown
URL: http://uploaded.net/

StashBox
File Size Limit: Unlimited
File Life: Indeterminate, but have advertised that no files have had to be deleted yet.
URL: http://stashbox.org/

Bonpoo
File Size Limit: 250MB
File Life: 10 Days
URL: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

TheUpload
File Size Limit: 200MB
File Life: 3 Months
URL: http://www.theupload.com/rg-erdr.php?_rpo=t

zSHARE
File Size Limit: 100MB
File Life: 10 Days (Deleted only if there is no download activity in 10 days)
URL: zshare.net

mooload
File Size Limit: 500MB
URL: http://mooload.com/

YouSendIt
File Size Limit: 100MB
Download Limit: 100 Downloads
File Life: 7 Days
URL: https://www.hightail.com/

TransferBigFiles
File Size Limit: 1GB
Download Limit: 20 Downloads
File Life: 5 Days
URL: https://www.transferbigfiles.com/

zUpload
File Size Limit: 500MB
URL: http://www.zupload.com/

Uploadline
File Size Limit: 500 MB
File Life: 30 Days (Deleted if no activity in 30 days)
URL: /legacy

divShare
File Size Limit: Appears to be none
File Life: Unlimited

GigaSize
File Size Limit: 300 MB
File Life: 45 days
URL: http://www.gigasize.com/

Share Server
file size: 50MB
Wait time: 4secs
Captcha: No
speed: unrestricted
Spanning: allowed
filetypes: all

UploadingIT.com
file size: 100MB
Storage Space: 10GB
Bandwidth daily: 4 Gb
Wait time: No wait time, but download page for all non images.
Max folders you can have in your account: No limit
URL: http://speedsmart.net/

BOXstr.com
file size: 1GB
Storage Space: 5GB
Bandwidth daily: 1GB per day, Monthly: NO limit.
Wait time: No. Direct hotlinking to files on server.
Max folders you can have in your account: 50
URL: https://www.opendrive.com/?b=b

i think this is pretty much for you all. If you know any other site to host your file then plz post in here. Dont post some of the names which are run from a teenagers basement.
WHAT YOUR OPNION.
Edited by moderator
Content isn't unique, found same article on other websites (see edit history)

Thanks for the info aloKNsh but, did you really write all those info by yourself? Shouldn't you use quote instead?

the list by itself is widely spread out on the web, shall be quoted. That's why I did it.

The original concept of hosting and sharing files is long gone. Now all of the file-hosting sites concentrate on selling premium accounts and on download speeds, because file hosting now translates to hosting illegal content. The sites cleverly hide behind well-written usage policies, and oh yes, they do delete the content if someone points it out, but the tactics used by the site to attract more people to upload and download illegal content are clear. File-hosting in its true sense is really gone. If I had to send an important file which was of a large size, would I send it through a site like Rapidshare which makes people wait for a while before getting the file? And the concept of earning money through file-hosting....now that encourages the spread of illegal content all over the net. So I don't think there is an honest file-hosting site out there. Not one.

The original concept of hosting and sharing files is long gone.
....now that encourages the spread of illegal content all over the net. So I don't think there is an honest file-hosting site out there. Not one.

Actually, I remember when the very first file sharing concept came about in the mid 90's. Disregarding the old BBS websites and their FTP style uploads and downloads (which by the way did not take off due to how vulnerable you were to viral attack) the first true concept of file sharing was Napster, which as we all know was the most illegal thing at the time.

True there were websites that offered free file hosting, or even just paid file hosting, however these websites required you to login before you could download the files, and people weren't about to start handing out their account names and passwords.

File sharing has always been the struggle of the common data freedom nut to ensure that all data is available and shared and not just what the government says should be. This includes to them media in all formats and software.

Anything that is not fitted in the above category is not considered file sharing, instead it is just considered to be a regular download, and that is what it literally is. Besides, what files would you share with someone else anyway? Art? That is generally shared using online albums and galleries. Music (your own composition)? That is generally streamed. Home movies? Well YouTube answers that one really doesn't it lol

So really, file sharing has always been associated with downloads that infringe copyright laws.

File hosting servers could be useful for temporary storage, and that's also their main legal terms of service.For instance, if you want to send the pictures you made during last week-end party, it's not recommended to send them by mail because most of mailers cannot handle big files.Picassa and other online albums store lower resolutions pictures in order to increase display time. Then, you use file hosting.So, you select the pictures you want to ship, place them in a directory on your PC, and zip the whole directory in a big file (sometimes up to 100 megs). Then you upload this big file to a file hosting site, which warns you that he will keep the files during 30 days.The site sends you a download link, and a "delete file" link.You send a mail to all your friends "come and get the pictures here" and add the download link.When all your friends have downloaded the file, you click in the "download file" link, and your file disappears from the file server: no piracy, no privacy attack.

Well with amazon s3 and other cloud hosting platforms the concept of file hosting is changed and so is the revenue generation model. earlier they used to chare huge fee for data trasnfered but these days they transfer flat fee for the file hosted and downloaded. that makes it quite affordable for many sites to start their own hosting service.

So really, file sharing has always been associated with downloads that infringe copyright laws.

You make a really good point with your reply. Maybe file-hosting sites have always been there for illegal downloads, cleverly escaping the law with their terms of usage policy. But when the first such sites came out, was there such a wide spread of warez? As you mentioned, Napster was the first big example of illegal file sharing, but it wasn't a file-hosting site in the true sense. Probably the file-hosting sites had a decent idea but quickly changed their tactics once they saw scope for making some quick money through selling premium accounts and indirectly encouraging the spread of illegal material.

File hosting servers could be useful for temporary storage, and that's also their main legal terms of service.

The scenario you mention is interesting and makes a lot of sense. However, sometimes files need to be held longer and the user may want to access those files quickly, without having to wait endless seconds to download it or a premium account to download it faster. Very few sites maintain this concept of quick access with minimum obstacles.

Well with amazon s3 and other cloud hosting platforms the concept of file hosting is changed and so is the revenue generation model. earlier they used to chare huge fee for data trasnfered but these days they transfer flat fee for the file hosted and downloaded. that makes it quite affordable for many sites to start their own hosting service.

Cloud computing has really changed the story now, and I'm glad it's gaining popularity by the day. This was how file-hosting was supposed to be. Cloud computing still needs to evolve in terms of sharing with people, but I guess doing that would bring us back to square one again. Oh well....

I personally don't agree with cloud computing UNLESS it's for a business system. For businesses it's a good idea, however it does seem like it's digressing back to the old days of dumb terminals. However I heard plans that microsoft were considering an entire operating system including hard disk space that was accessed remotely for home use. This just doesn't seem right to me, I wouldn't trust my private files being held anywhere other than on my home computer where nobody else could gain access to them. They would claim that nobody other than you can access your operating system, however when it came down to it and people pulled executive legal strings then they could go through everyones private files with you knowing claiming it was for the good of the nation and for national security purposes and all that nonsense.In the end I can see it ending up more like a police state than anything else. America is already on its way there, and the UK isn't too far behind, so keeping your stuff located at home is the best way to prevent it from happening.

I personally don't agree with cloud computing UNLESS it's for a business system. For businesses it's a good idea, however it does seem like it's digressing back to the old days of dumb terminals. However I heard plans that microsoft were considering an entire operating system including hard disk space that was accessed remotely for home use. This just doesn't seem right to me, I wouldn't trust my private files being held anywhere other than on my home computer where nobody else could gain access to them. They would claim that nobody other than you can access your operating system, however when it came down to it and people pulled executive legal strings then they could go through everyones private files with you knowing claiming it was for the good of the nation and for national security purposes and all that nonsense.
In the end I can see it ending up more like a police state than anything else. America is already on its way there, and the UK isn't too far behind, so keeping your stuff located at home is the best way to prevent it from happening.

Hmm that's right as well...trusting a private company with our private files isn't such a good idea, even if that company is Microsoft or even Google. Besides the threat of security, it would be too stressful to depend on the internet for every small task that one wishes to perform on the computer. For people with unlimited bandwidth it would make no difference, but the time consumption is simply too large.

so keeping your stuff located at home is the best way to prevent it from happening.

I would say that sometimes you need some files to be somewhere out your home. Just look at a disaster situation : a tsunami enters your home, you loose all your papers and all your files on your computer. It could help if you had scanned your most important documents and put them in a safe place. Physically in a bank is a solution, and some companies offer hosting your precious files for an amount of money. And of course, Microsoft does this for free.
Another example : Imagine you are travelling somewhere very far from your home. You loose your passport.
It could help if you could happen to have a copy of your passport, and a scanned file hosted on a remotely accessible file hosting system should be very comfortable. Of course, this file hosting system should be also very secure, else it would be very dangerous from identity theft point of view.
So, I would stay : store remotely the files you will be bored if you loose them, and files which would not be dangerous if stolen.
And, of course, as usual, the info you would not see being spread out, is the info which is not available anywhere. :)

The best and the fastest is Rapidshare. I think is a hosting from Sweden btw any way, it's the best. But there is new sheriff in town, boys... and that's Hotfile. I dunno from where it's servers but i know one thing and that is that you can get money for uploading files. Yeah, it's true and it's working. My friend earned around 150 dollars and they payed him every cent of it. Their program works like this: you upload a file and people from this coutries: United States, Canada, Norway, Finland, Sweden, United Kingdom, Germany, Latvia, Estonia, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Belgium, Greece, Denmark, Ireland, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Lithuania, Bulgaria, Romania, Australia, Russia, Liechtenstein, Kuwait, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Turkey, Japan, Singapore, Brazil, South Africa, Oman, New Zealand, Cyprus, Malta, Gibraltar, Malaysia, Luxembourg and Mexico.You get a cent's for each download, BUT there is ranks of earnings:Rank 5-50 MB 50 - 100 MB 100 - 2000 MBCopper $2 $3 $4Bronze $3 $5 $7Silver $5 $7 $10Gold $6 $9 $12Platinium $7 $10 $15I have earned $3.87 and i still can't get them payed out because the minimum pay out is 15$. If you feeling lucky duck then press your luck. Try to get some money from Hotfile! :) Good luck! :D

Try to get some money from Hotfile!

This is exactly the kind of thing that encourages the spread of piracy. Well it's no use talking about piracy right now. It's bound to spread in one form or another. And I'm not saying you and your friends are earning through spreading illegal files, but the point is that the maximum number of people end up earning only through spreading "popular" files. It would be hard to find 1500 people to download a legitimate file, because they could download such a file from an official website anyway. Such schemes arouse the greed in the average user and end up flooding the net with links :)

Mate, be real... Even our operating systems are installed thank's to the piracy... wink.gif Chill out and make some money! smile.gif

Hmm you can't assume that everyone gets their OS through piracy - I run Linux which is free and doesn't need to be pirated :D Besides, I'm not asking you to stop what you're doing - you're at perfect freedom to do what you want with your internet connection :) And because these file-hosting sites protect your identity you know you'll be safe. But in the end is it all worth it? You spend all that time uploading huge files and chances are that someone will report them and they will be deleted soon - all the time spent uploading goes waste. And in the little time that the files stay alive, there's no guarantee that you'll get enough downloads to earn smoothly. If there is any fresh content, there will be duplicate links to it all over the net so your links will have a short life anyway - which explains why you haven't reached $15 yet (no offense). If you put aside the legal issues, I think all of this is just a waste of time and for some people, waste of bandwidth too. There are much better and faster ways to earn money on the net which don't eat as much time as this does.

In the end, it's your own personal choice, but just ask yourself, is wasting so much time uploading and then many hours waiting for your account to reach $15 really worth it?