xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wrecksan

Team Fortress 2 Scout More specifically, scout.

I am going to write about the current matchups between a scout and the other classes, this will help you get a better understanding of how to play the class in a strictly 1v1 situation.Scout vs Scout: This matchup is to do with skill and map knowledge, you do not want to run into a wall when the enemy scout is at point blank range as this would mean you are dead, you want to keep moving along the floor without stopping, changing direction as often as possible all the time while aiming and shooting at the enemy scout. Do not jump against other scouts if they are mid-close range as you cannot change direction as freely in the air and this could also mean death. If you are out of scattergun rounds do not run around reloading, switch to your pistol for long range accuracy, 2 full pistol rounds will kill an enemy scout.Scout vs Pyro: The dreaded pyro, as a scout you most engage them at long range, i know this isn't what you want to do as scouts are better close range, but at short range a pyro will win, use your pistol and 2 rounds should take him down, if you must get close (or you are already close and on fire) try to shoot them from the back, if a pyro flames you do not run away, run into their face and shoot them in it.Scout vs Soldier: Do not let a soldier get above you, if a good soldier is above a scout he will kill him in one shot unless you are VERY good at evading, stay away from walls and try to be in the air as often as possible, but do not make your air movements predictable or this will also end in death.Scout vs Heavy: A scouts easiest matchup, in my opinion, if you are in an open area you can attack a heavy from behind with your scattergun (3 shots point blank, usually takes me 4) or bat, then run around him (being VERY careful not to run into his minigun fire) and also jumping over/on top of him. If you are in an enclosed area and see the heavy with his back against a wall it is best to avoid this fight unless you are very confident.Scout vs Engineer: Think of an engineer as a weaker slower scout, the only difference is this weaker slower scout probably has a sentry gun around the next corner he's going to run round, attack him if he is in the open, but do not follow him round any corners or it could be suicide.Scout vs Demoman: The demoman has one weakness: close range. If you run at a demoman straight he we shoot a grenade at you, it will hit you and you will die, you need to move erratically (which you should be constantly doing since you are a scout anyway) to get in his face, then keep running and jumping around him while shooting till he dies.Scout vs Sniper: If a good sniper sees you, you are already dead, a sniper can aim faster than the scouts can run, and however much faster the scout is than normal classes, if the sniper is good he can hit you, you need to catch him while he is aiming by coming through an entrance he isn't expecting and then 2 point blank shots with the scattergun should take him down, be careful though because he has a powerful melee weapon with a high crit rate.Scout vs Spy: This matchup does not occur often as you are both trying to get behind the other's front lines, but if it does you should run at the spy (dodging from side to side a little bit) and shoot him in the face, spies aren't very powerful in a fair 1v1. Scouts are also very good at checking for spies as they are the fastest runners, so if you charge ahead at the beginning of the match and suddenly there is a friendly engineer ahead of you, spy check and probably shoot him twice in the face.Scout vs Medic: Medics are not the most powerful battle class in the game but they are a scouts main targets, as a scout is one of the few classes that can behind the enemy lines and get to the medic, if you see the medic's patient (the big heavy/demoman/soldier he is healing) notice you then run, but if not feel free to take potshots at the medic. The medic can also be a very powerful fighter though, if you find yourself in a corridoor with a medic then run, as they will use their syringe gun which will destroy your health but regenerate his quite fast, fighting a medic in the open should be a breeze, just dont get right next to him as his melee weapon is very powerful.Thank you for your patience reading this, if you have any feedback feel free to post it.

thats a cool stragety guide, i m sure it will help me beat all of the other players when i play as a scout. i like going on the achievement maps and going to the basketball court and using the energy drink because he gets infinite energy and you can not be killed there and it is just ace. all the other noobs try and shoot you but they smash their keyboards when they can't.