xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Spyda

Nco Financial Scam!

Okay guys, this is a post similar to one I made on Xisto. I'm not going to copy and paste exactly what I wrote over there, since that would be against the rules, but I am posting this topic here so people realize what kind of terrible company NCO financial is and how they are tricking innocent people into thinking that they have debts so they will profit it.

Now, NCO financial is a legit collection agency. They are supposed to target individuals who have debts with various companies, yet by doing so they target innocent people who do not have debts in hopes to cash in.

NCO contacted me numerous times through my Verizon cell phone. I don't know how the heck they were able to ascertain the number, but nonetheless they were able to get my name and address through it. They began calling me number numerous times before 8:00 AM (which I read is illegal for telemarketers to do, of course they don't care.) They began telling me I had a debt with a local company and that I needed to call them back to settle the case. I called back around a week later and tried telling this guy that I did not have any debts with the company. The guy was very rude and wanted my SSN, which of course I did not give. I was at the point of just paying them so they would stop bothering when I began searching online. I found out that there were other people in the same situation. NCO finacial had been calling them about a debt that did not exist and trying to get personal information from them such as SSN, ect. I also found out that they had numerous lawsuits against them and some were pending.

I am glad I was able to find out about this company and didn't fall for their tricks. If NCO fiancial calls you (800-709-8625) and you know 100% you do not have a debt with anybody, then do not answer. Ignore their calls. Call you phone company and ask them to block the # from contacting you.

That looks like a pretty bad scam.

Trust me, it is. I was this close to giving them my SSN and paying them a debt that never existed. Who knows what they could've done with my SSN. I'm still pretty clueless on how they received my address/name. I use Verizon Wireless prepaid, so I think that they may have sold my information to them? I'm not sure if that is correct, but that is the only thing I can think of..

I had MSP debt and I set up an account with "NCO Financial" over the phone and made payments over online billing, I just assumed that it was right but now (6-8months later) they have cancelled the account that I was making payments too.. I wasn't paying a ton of money and they had my phone numbers to contact me so why wouldn't they have called me yet, it has been over a month since my bank called me to tell me that my money went back into my account and that they had deleted the NCO online bill payment method. Have you heard of anything like that? Maybe they were scammers with an account somewhere and they gathered my info? I plan on looking into it, as for the money I paid to 'them' I'll cut my losses.. Next time I will ask for a face to face meeting before giving any infomation or even wasting my time on my phone.

-reply by Christy

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME... And I have verizon wireless as well

The number calling is : 1800-735-6588 from a Brendall Roberts.

I tried calling back but he put me on hold for 8min before I hung up, I was reading up about this NCO financial co and see that other people have same problems.  I was freaking out b/c I know I don't have a debt and wanted to clear it up but now after reading this I think I will just have to ignore these calls.

Thanks for the post!