xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Fun4TheMoney

Ebay Accounts Being Hijaked Please share this with other eBayers

Our son had his eBay account hijaked, yesterday. It took him almost a half day to get it sorted out. A heads-up buyer got suspicious of an auction for a snowmobile requiring a $1,000 deposit, so he found our son's phone # and called before paying. The listing did NOT belong to our son. Once the perp got our son's eBay password, he also hacked his email account, which used the same password. That took another half hour to sort out.This buyer told our son there has been a rash of these hijakings, lately. Obviously eBay isn't as secure as we thought. If any of you have accounts with eBay, and use the same password, there, that you use anywhere else, it might be time to change some passwords and make them all different.(I hope this was the right place to post this--if not, I apologize.)Suz

oh... thanks for telling. Hope you've now got everything sorted..I used to use e-bay quite a bit, and now my close friend is selling stuff on ebay on a regular basis. Maybe i'll tell him just that. Thanks

I did use ebay at one p[oint but like someone said all it is trying to do is fast deals but you never get it.. it raises and raises but good to sell things but not buy.. that don't make sence..

I did use ebay at one p[oint but like someone said all it is trying to do is fast deals but you never get it.. it raises and raises but good to sell things but not buy.. that don't make sence..

68293[/snapback]

We're having the opposite problem--buying seems to be okay, but we can't make any money on the stuff we're trying to sell. we used to make $2,000-$4,000 a month on eBay. The last 4 weeks we've lost money, so we're quitting the eBay game. Gotta find another way to make $$ online.

Suz

I would buy, but I dont have paypall...

Paypal is free and easy to get.
After reading this thred I guess I need to change my password.

I can tell you this check out sellers good and read all of there feedback.
I just got riped of on ebay in fact I file a claim a few hours ago.
I bought something from a guy on there that I have bought from before but this time I haven't got my order and it's almost a month.
The guy want return my email and ebay has already canceled his account.
So I may be out of $150

Paypal is free and easy to get.

After reading this thred I guess I need to change my password.

I can tell you this check out sellers good and read all of there feedback.

I just got riped of on ebay in fact I file a claim a few hours ago.

I bought something from a guy on there that I have bought from before but this time I haven't got my order and it's almost a month.

The guy want return my email and ebay has already canceled his account.

So I may be out of $150

69270[/snapback]

OUCH! I hope you paid by credit card. Chargebacks take time, but they usually work.

Suz