xisto Community
Fun4TheMoney

Who Links To You? Anybody get this to work?

While snooping around on Google, I found the "Who Liks To You?" feature. (link:URL). I know of at least 6 sites that link to me, but none of them show up when I use that option. I wrote to Google about it. They sent me an okay response that gave me some other interesting info, but still didn't explain why none of my link sites show up in the Who Links feature, when all of those sites show up in a regular search, so Google knows where they are. (They're all real domains--not subdomains, but they're small, no-traffic-yet sites.)Anybody else have any experience or additional info on this?Suz

If the sites haven't been indexed by google yet they natureally would not show up. Can you search google and find the sites? if not this might be the reason for the problem.

If the sites haven't been indexed by google yet they natureally would not show up. Can you search google and find the sites? if not this might be the reason for the problem.

68242[/snapback]

When I do a search on "Fun4TheMoney" all of my sites come up, since I link to that site from all of the others, but when I do a "link:fun4themoney.com" search, none of them come up.

If my ranking depends on who links to me, but none of my linked sites turn up in their search, how am I ever going to get anywhere?

Has anybody else tried this? Do your links show up?

Suz

That is because they are all hosted on the same CIDR range, your fun4themoney is hosted on a server / ip address with:

fun4themoney.com

IP Addresses: 65.61.216.82

IP Country: CANADA  CANADA

Reverse IP Lookup: IP hosts 3,503 domains

and the others are on:

countrynaturals.com

IP Addresses: 65.61.216.83

Reverse IP Lookup: IP hosts 3,428 domains
and:

Your http://epennypress.com/ A record is:

http://epennypress.com/; A  65.61.216.63 [TTL=10800] [CA]

And the last one is:

12monthsxmas.info

IP Addresses: 65.61.216.122

Reverse IP Lookup: IP hosts 5,027 domains

Google treat this as one site and may even detract from your rating if you link to yourself like that.

Nils

Google treat this as one site and may even detract from your rating if you link to yourself like that.

Nils

68307[/snapback]

Well isn't that just ducky! Can't win fer losin'.

Thank you for the explanation. I guess I'll concentrate on link-swapping and forget about seo, since I'm certainly not going to sever connections among my family of sites.

Suz

I have also seen some sites link to me not show up on the google search engine. The webstats are pretty cool...you can go to the site linking to you and see the link. But google has missed some of them. (Or they may have just recently placed the link)

While snooping around on Google, I found the "Who Liks To You?" feature. (link:URL). I know of at least 6 sites that link to me, but none of them show up when I use that option.

I wrote to Google about it. They sent me an okay response that gave me some other interesting info, but still didn't explain why none of my link sites show up in the Who Links feature, when all of those sites show up in a regular search, so Google knows where they are. (They're all real domains--not subdomains, but they're small, no-traffic-yet sites.)

Anybody else have any experience or additional info on this?

Suz

68227[/snapback]

Well, I can give you an advice here .. What Nilsc said is a bit true + wrong .. Google treats all url pointing to you as a Link .. but if those links are from a same c class ip (like 102.312.123.xxx and 102.312.123.xxx <<< 123 is the c class ip) .. then google will devalued them .. they are not as valued as all other urls .. but they will appeared in the link:url command.

The thing that happens to you is that google hardly update their link database. That is, if you have a link to you, google might know it, but it take some time for it to show up in the link:url command. normally, the link:url page wont be updated very often, my experience is that it varies from 2 weeks to 3 months. In some rare instances, google will only show to backlink in 6 months if it's a high pr page to stop buying links.

using link:url in google is not a good indication of "who links to you?" anymore as google doesnt show up everything. You will see alot more in search.msn.com and http://yahoo.com/ . Both of them report the "near to realistic" number of links.

Hope this helps. Im in the SEO business for a while now :lol:

Well, I can give you an advice here .. What Nilsc said is a bit true + wrong .. Google treats all url pointing to you as a Link .. but if those links are from a same c class ip (like 102.312.123.xxx and 102.312.123.xxx <<< 123 is the c class ip) .. then google will devalued them .. they are not as valued as all other urls .. but they will appeared in the link:url command.

The thing that happens to you is that google hardly update their link database. That is, if you have a link to you, google might know it, but it take some time for it to show up in the link:url command. normally, the link:url page wont be updated very often, my experience is that it varies from 2 weeks to 3 months. In some rare instances, google will only show to backlink in 6 months if it's a high pr page to stop buying links.

using link:url in google is not a good indication of "who links to you?" anymore as google doesnt show up everything. You will see alot more in search.msn.com and http://yahoo.com/ . Both of them report the "near to realistic" number of links.

Hope this helps. Im in the SEO business for a while now :lol:

132228[/snapback]

Thanks. That's a big help. At least I'm not hurting myself with all my cross-linking.