xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Herbert1405241469

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Review

I had picked up Call of Duty originally back in the day and thought it was pretty good, but don't think I ever finished the campaign. Then years later, after all of their expansions, I decided that Call of Duty 4 looked good, so I picked that up and was amazed by the realistic graphics, smooth performance, and fun multiplayer. Sadly, that got sidetracked as I picked up Battlefield 2 more and more and got away from the run and gun crazy fast paced shooting as I went to Battlefield 2 with better team-based multiplayer.Then, I picked up Modern Warfare 2. The story is just as memorable with very specfic scenes sticking out in my mind as with the game before it. Single player, just like in Modern Warefare, is very quick and didn't take much time to finish. It's a matter of quality versus quantity. I think I got my money's worth because even though the story was short, it was rich, and I'd rather have than then the typcial "game that takes 25 hours to beat, but half of it is returning to old locations and retracing your steps through the levels again to find that 'key' or whatever". Voice acting is great, it's like you're in a war movie.So single player is solid, but multiplayer is where you get your money's worth. My only gripe to date is I wish they had some more multiplayer levels because I'm starting to get bored, but the weapons unlocks is a perfect way to keep up interest. There are over a dozen multiplayer modes, including team deathmatch, all-for-one, capture the flag, and more unique ones including Hardcore team deathmatch which eliminates the radar, crosshairs, and just makes it all realistic for everyone. You have to more rely on your senses than looking up at a map to see where you are or your enemy location. Overall this game is worth it if you enjoy fast paced action FPS multiplayer. If you're not, I'd wait for the price to go down. At $60, it's not worth it if you don't get at least 100 hours logged in for multiplayer.

COD MW2Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2

The Single Player has very detailed content for the say '4 hours gameplay'. It would be great to have more, but... We have Multiplayer = )! I have to say that this is the best multiplayer mode out of any game I have played. The rewards are great (the new weapon unlocks, etc) and you get achievements for almost everything, which helps you level up quick, ;) 

-reply by BlueHawk

I've yet to play this game, but everyone is saying I should. lolIs it really that good?This review and every other review I see makes it seems worth it. but the cost of the game is making me think I should just wait.

The only problem for Cod6 (Modern Warfare2) for the PC is that there aren't any dedicated servers, what this means is that instead of having buildings full of servers that host the game, the game chooses a host from the players, the main thing this does is give the host a massive advantage over the rest of the players.The host does not lag so if you shoot the host at the same time he shoots you, you die and he is unharmed, this is even true if he shoots after you shoot him sometimes, leading to the host being accused of many things such as hacker, aimbotter, wallhacker etc. Apart from that obvious issue it is a very fun game to play, because of the weapon unlocks which were previously mentioned, and the title (callsigns?), emblems and kill streak combinations you can choose.It's also fun to use a ninja class :P this is a class with marathon, commander (commando?) and I forgot the other one :) This class is especially useful on Favela :D