xisto Community
wutske

Google Wave get your invites here

Ever wanted to try Google's new approach to collaborative working, called Google Wave ?

Now you can :D . It's pretty cool as it incorporates a live view which means that others can actually see you type your respons (and also see all the spelling mistakes you make =) ).

It's some sort of forum where you have to invite people to every topic that is made and where the replies aren't ordered chronologically (like usual), in fact, you can reply everywhere (even in the middle of someone else's reply).

Posted Image

I have 24 invites left. PM me your e-mail and I'll invite you. Please do not reply to this topic with your e-mail (I'll only invite people that PM'ed me).

//edit: Google Wave currently only supports Firefox and Chrome (or Internet Explorer with the Chrome plugin).

//edit: 24 left :P

Edited by wutske (see edit history)

Just in case if the thread starter runs out of Invite. You can PM me after that. Don't forget to post your email in the PM. And to protect yourself from SPAM. Don't post your email here.

I am, but I wated to get my account myself. Also, You can contact me, too! Anyways, I found it a little bit strange! To me it just looks like one giant email system. I really don't get it. Does anyone here really know what it is suppose to do? I don't think I'll ever need that unless they make some great improvement. But really, this topic should be linked to the Google Chrome OS topic.

I'm doing the same thing that yordan is doing, plus, I still don't understand what Google Wave's real purpose is supposed to be. Any ideas. I don't have a single idea myself here so I'm not sure.-Hannah

I am, but I wated to get my account myself. Also, You can contact me, too! Anyways, I found it a little bit strange! To me it just looks like one giant email system. I really don't get it. Does anyone here really know what it is suppose to do? I don't think I'll ever need that unless they make some great improvement. But really, this topic should be linked to the Google Chrome OS topic.

You can't, unless you want to wait for it to go public ;) . Google Wave is now only accessible via invites ;) .

You could look at it like an e-mail system, I think Google actualy looks at it in the same way, as Google Wave has an inbox and a spam folder :P . It's maybe a mix between a forum and an e-mail system, because you 'send' messages to eachother (in fact, you send nothing because everything is stored on a server) but you can also add widgets like a Yes/No/Maybe voting system.

I don't know how to realy discribe it, it's a blend of many collaborative systems, e-mail, forum, wiki, msn, skype, ...

It's crap, but you have to use it to realy believe that this is Google's biggest mistake ever :P

I know, wutske. It is Google's biggest mistake. When I said that I got it myself is because I went to Google IO. Also, I was trying to say that I have my own account, I have not used any invites, yet. So you can PM me to get invited into Google Wave if you really want to even knowing what me and wutske just said out loud.

I didn't get it how to work with google wave for myself. So i decided to wait till it completely release in public. As that will allow us to use some external apps for the system. I do have few people on invite.One thing i have learned that google wave will be used by those who create lot of mailing list products. This service is one more addidtion for them.

I love the collaborative document editing.If we need to create a text, sometimes it could help having three persons simultaneously reading, typing, correcting the text, it could be more productive than exchanging mails with .odt files.

Yeah, but Yordan, can't you just use Google Docs. The thing you just said is pretty much what Google Docs was actully designed for in the first place anyways, Google Wave still doesn't have much of a purpose anyways. I just can't find a use to use it for, can you? I think that who ever thought about the idea of Google Wave was a total jerk. I mean really, Google Wave does practilly nothing at all. Personnaly, I hate Google Wave and I think that the day about Google Wave was stupid. Looking on the bright side, it is over already.

Yeah, but Yordan, can't you just use Google Docs.

Does not do the same thing. Seems that with wave you do a collaborative work, all participants write the same document at the same time.With Google Docs it's different, it works the old way : you write your document, somebody else makes changes, the third guy adds comments, sequentially, not simultaneously.

Thanks, yordan. I reallyy needed that to be explained because before I guess that Google Docs and Google Wave are the same exact thing. Now I guess that they really aren't the same thing. Glad you told me that before I make that mistake again.