xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Which Win 7 version for networking like in XP? Having Problems Setting Up A Home Network

Which Win 7 version for networking like in XP?Having Problems Setting Up A Home Network

I am about to purchase a new computer with Win 7, I need to know which version I should be getting that is comparable to XP Pro. I have older programs, and XP compatible printer, scanners,  that I do not want to have to replace, too costly, will they run on Win 7?

We have a business website, I currently access our website files (update them, make new ones etc.) via my "network places" on XP. When I open MS Frontpage, I click on "my network", enter username and password and all my website files are all there.

Which version do I need to get to continue to update my website via networking? It looks like for networking I need to go with Win 7 Pro is that correct? 

Thank you for the help!

-question by Karlee