xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Auto Overclocking? Need help ASAP

My Dad's PC has a problem...his computer keeps automatically trying to overclock its self every so often, then overheats. It has no Watercooling system at all, nor does it have any Thermal Paste on the CPU chip or bottom of the heatsink (I don't think). His mobo is ASUS, with an Intel chip.It is Intel Pentium 4 Dual Core Processor. We have no paste for the CPU and heatsink yet. But since I've watched your video's, I'd like your online help to fix this issue. Getting Instant support would be more helpful as I can inform you of the stuff he has in his system, however my mom probably wont let me uncover the computer again, she's a fussy "cleaning" freak..she hates the dust and hates the computer being pulled out etc.I am currently at College doing IT Tech, fixing computers etc (overall, I have completely fixed over 100+ computers) Though with my Dads computer, I don't know...I gave it a good clean out yesturday, using some ear plugs to get the dust out of the heatsink, and using our Hoover to suck up the dust out of the computer.I hoovered the PSU fan, the heatsink, and the back fan, however my Dads GPU/CPU core temperatures are always at high levels. I looked in the BIOS settings at the temperatures and the GPU/CPU temperatures are way above normal/standard temperatures. I've looked at the overclocking settings in the BIOS, but it doesn't show how to disable it completely. When it overheats, like 5 to 10 minutes after, I turn it on, it boots up, doing various IDE scan tests etc, but says "Overclocking failed" or something like that. I gave my sisters husband a ring, (he's a technition with computers and does that as a job) he said, I need to apply some thermal paste over the CPU, however, we don't know where he best place to get it from.Is there any other way to disable my Dads computer from overclocking?Thanks.

I think you can ask for help from this guy. He's good at overclocking and will definitely guide you for that. Other than that you can ask for help at forums like tom's hardware & OC forums. You'll likely to get immediate help in such forums. I hope this helps, i know other forums as well but i think these two will solve your problem.