xisto Community
michellezum

Video Game Soundtracks Count As Classical, Right?

I can't believe no one has put anything about all the wonderful Video Game Music out there! Probably the most popular is Halo and World of Warcraft. But you have to admit that most of the stuff from the Final Fantasy Series is really great. And who could forget Xenogears. Probably some of the best music ever writen for a Video Game. But I think currently, my favorite is Mass Effect.Good stuff!Michelle Z.

I remember a lot of the early Nintendo midi sound effects. Like Zelda, Mario, Castlevania, Friday of the Thirteenth, Jaws, Ghostbusters, Robocop, Master Blaster, and some of the Dragon Warrior Series. I'm not going to mention SNES games.In fact don't you remember them silly game shows about video games where they'd play a tune and the contestants have to guess what game it was from? Cheesy but true.Then they made it as midi's in the PC world. Try Google(ing) for a video game midi, convert it to a wav file and set it up as of your operating system sound events. Pretty Cool. Especially when you experiment with different sound font banks (varies depending on sound card and midi software).Then they made an appearance as Guitar tab's, some of which sound cool if played on an acoustic.After that came ring tones... and other polymorphic derivatives.Some of the old sounds are eventually remastered or reused in future releases of games from the same developer.EnjoyLevimage :D