xisto Community
michellezum

Best Movie Soundtrack Artists? Whos your favorite Movie Soundtrack Composer?

So many! First, I gotta start with Thomas Newman. He did stuff like American Beauty, The Green Mile, Erin Brockovich, Pay It Forward, Shawsank Redemption, White Oleander, Cinderella Man, A Series of Unfortunate Events... the list goes on. All excellent music filled with passion and emotion! And then of course there's Danny Elfman! Beetle Juice, Sleepy Hollow, Hell Boy, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (the new one), Big Fish, Spiderman, Men in Black, Edward Scissorhands, Nightmare Before Christmas... His flavor in the film industry is unmistakeable.James Newton-Howard. Can't forget him. Signs, The Sixth Sense, Lady in the Water. He's got some great ones.Great mood music. Great to listen to when you just need to escape for a while.Michelle Z.

I am kinda shocked no one has replied to this thread yet. I agree with your list of composers and would like to add a few more to that list starting from

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, Once Upon a Time in the West, Fistful of Dollars (Ennio Morricone)

Requiem for a Dream (Clint Mansell)

Hans Zimmer

And since I am a really lazy person, I am going to paste a wiki link to film score composers :PFilm Score Composers

Rob D has given some good soundtracks to movies like matrix, shutter island and few others. I know that there are few music directors who are with christopher nolan for some of his best movies. Dark knight has some good background music and the album compilation which is independent of the music director is also good. Other than nolan's movies, silent hill and shutter island has best music and music directors behind it. Tomb raider soundtrack also has few rock and dnb artists in it. I'm more leaned towards DNB artists so that's just my opinion.