xisto Community
Leveecius

A Little Bit Of Help Coding? Help with some custom codes

Hey guys, there are some codes that I'm trying to figure out how to write, but have NO idea where to start. First off, let me say I have a Text-based RPG going already at mafia-test.klrbaltdomain.com. I am trying to add a black market/ drug market and factories/warehouses to the game, but have NO clue how or where to start on the whole market deal. I want to make it so that you can sell not only to each other, but to the server for a given price that is randomly changed every 3 or 4 hours. How would I go about doing that? For the most part, I have been able to figure a LOT out on my own, but am in need of help with the smaller things. Any ideas for me? :D

If you want to modify those scripts, then you must have good programming language. How about contacting the author(s) of the script? They are the best bet, since they would be having good experience with their code and can modify things easily.

Online RPG ? I think if it's purely text based then you've to know in which language it is created behind. I mean php/asp/jsp etc. Most likely those mafia based clones are created in php/asp. You've to see which script you're working with.The link you gave is having system created in php. So to add and modify to such system you need to learn PHP. After learning php you'll able to study the code behind and then after knowing how it is arranged you'll be able to modify it. I assume you know php, in this case you've to figure out by looking for mafia clone scripts that are freely available. The feature you're trying to add maybe already implemented by some free clone script. You can read and learn from that. We can't help you until and unless you give us the source and mention where you're stuck. If you've source or any specific problem with php then post it. Members here will read and try to find the issue and will help you start with it.