xisto Community
grim reaper1666

Cpanel User confused over how to use it

i am a little confused on how you are supposed to find out your user name and password for cpanel or does this get emailed to you once it is setup? I would be very happy for any of your replies Grim. PS: if it does take time to get setup what is the estimate of how long this will take?

Ouch! Long time I did not do this, but... :D I'm afraid this is simply the user name YOU choose, and the password YOU choose...Just try choosing your username and your password.Do not loose them, because everything relies on it.For instance the underlying website will be http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ choose a simple username : a single word (not two words separated by a space) for instance "reaper" (without the quotes) or grimreaper, but not "grim reaper"And do not forget your password...--------EDIT : of course the cpanel username has nothing to do with your domain name, the cpanel username is the name you give when logging at yourname.astahost.com/cpanel in order to manage your website : create folders, create the index.html file, create the ftp users, park your domain, and so on.For instance you can have a domain name http://www.charles.com/ and manage it with the username georges5 as cpanel username.

finding out what happened to an accountCpanel User

we have a root acocunt that can access cpanel and the 8 domains hosted from there.

However one of the domains, says it doesn't have any FTP accounts. The user accounts there seem to no longer be able to access cPanel. Under FTP account the page shows a couple of accounts, However the cPanel home page for that domain says there are 0/1000 FTP accounts

Can anyone help? 

-reply by samual