xisto Community
fpay

Ebay Paypal Fraud

got so fed up with eBay and PayPal, having been cheated both as a buyer and as a seller, after years of paying and earning money for eBay, having been afflicted by feedback
blackmail, having had false PayPal scam claims made against me, I finally, no matter how wise I had become to try and avoid such issues, decided to give eBay up as a bad joke.

My buddy is in EXACTLY the same boat; he decided to launch his own fraud free auction site to get back at Paypal, <a href="http://ww38.vbid.me/ Bid me</a> (do NOT use the link

code if it is not allowed – if links in the html arte not allowed simply put "v Bid me"); he does not charge sellers listing fees or commissions for basic / regular listings,

which is nice. But me, I think I have decided to go for legal action against eBay and PayPal.

I want to share some info and advice with others, to help them I hope.

Paypal security BS - Paypal claim they are doing all they can to prevent fraud, but that is false. Just look at the Paypal UK registration process and compare this with the Paypal com process. OMG, you have to provide card details and your home phone number (which Paypal checks) on the UK site but ANYONE can open a .com account with a free gmail address! Why is that? Because fraud enforcement is MUCH tighter in the UK, so Paypal has to comply and take greater steps to prevent fraud. So then ask yourselves, how is it
Paypal dot com are doing everything they can to combat fraud?! It is a nonsense.

Paypal feedback - Got a problem with a buyer or seller - too late or can not leave feedback on Paypal / Paypal remove your feedback? Find an Paypal user warning site and leave

feedback for them there; just look at what Google shows for certain Paypal users names (search for the likes of "leonmad", "majabali" and "history_relics")

I hope this helps. As I said, I am going to sue eBay and PayPal. If anyone wants to chat about this, let me know.

Source

Sueing Ebay and Paypal! Oh my god you are kidding me. Both these free services are a boon to many of work at home guys and mamas. I use both of these. I bought from Ebay India once and have done 3 to 4 transactions online through paypal. Both are good as far as I am concerned. But unfortunately, you faced the other side that I faced. Fraud is a very common issue. No one can remove this fraud 100% Paypal and Ebay are trying their best to remove fraud. But those people who live by cheating others are trying many new and different ways. Fraud will be there as long as such people exist. I hope you will bring some positive change in both Paypal and Ebay as far as security and user interaction is concerned. Best of Luck fpay!

I have used paypal for years with no problem and if you ask me I think it's a good idea they don't ask for much info because for people who use it for making their money online all you would have to do is make an account and send your money thereit's safe as long as no one gets your password or security questions and when your ready to get ur cash they send u a check or you can use it to buy stuff online.As for EBAY i never used it but I also never heard of them scamming anyone.It's a good idea not to leave your money in your paypal account for more then a few months because after all this is the internet and people can hack into servers just like they can steal your runescape account :D they can steal your paypal accountSueing paypal and or ebay is a loosing battle lol

I've heard many people getting ripped off when they use PayPal. One of the stories I heard was that a person (let's call him Alex) was building websites for people. After Alex received the money via PayPal and had given the website over to the buyer, the buyer notified PayPal that he had not received a product. PayPal immediately reversed the payment without even hearing Alex's side of the story. I personally have not yet had any inconvenience with PayPal regarding something like this.

I think paypal is not as clean as it looks like. It has its own issues which create doubts in users minds. One of the issues is described in the main topic. Another issue which affects me as well is that paypal is not available in certain countries. Some countries where paypal is working from quite a long time are even worse than some those where paypal is not working. Because of the extensiveness of paypal, reviving payments without having access to paypal is a problem. So paypal must understand its value and work for the better of the users

PayPal wants you to use their service because they say its "safe". PayPal advertises that the PayPal service is "safe". eBay practically forces its online users to use PayPal because they say it is "safe." In fact, PayPal claims it is so safe, it has a lower fraud rate than all the major credit card companies. PayPal also claims that it protects its users against fraud through various technical means and through PayPal's Buyer and Seller Protection policy. PayPal claims a fraud rate of .5%. According to PayPal, this is " one of the lowest loss rates in the online retail industry." You can view PayPal's claim in its entirety HERE.

How does PayPal make such a claim and why does PayPal make such a claim? First, PayPal defines what is fraud and what is not fraud. Second, PayPal uses this "information" for false advertising -- advertising that gives people a false sense of security into thinking that they are protected by PayPal against fraud when they are not.

PayPal defines fraud as a material loss due to fraudulent activities. If PayPal catches an unauthorized transaction, fraudulent use of a credit card, or detects fraudulent buyer or seller activity, and fixes it, PayPal does not consider that "fraud." PayPal's fraud "statistics" are based on the ones that go away -- PayPal and people who got scammed and were out some money.

But PayPal's very system is designed to encourage fraud -- and facilitate fraud. All with PayPal's help.

Also if you are a seller on Amazon, then you really needs to consider if Amazon treats its seller better than Ebay/paypal. There are many evil buyer/seller over the net, I could not see an easy fix for the problem.

I still have my payapl account limited simply because someone else's have problem with his account and he happened to send me 10 dollars via paypal. Paypal asked everything to prove I am myself, yet it still limits my account. Plus the fund I received can not even be returned back to sender. What a joke.

I'm with you, I've heard so many stories without fraud being involved and ebay sellers getting there accounts frozen stone cold without notice or explanation, if buying just make sure you're using it with a credit card set-up and not a bank account (which they always push for!!) if anything goes wrong there it'll be you out of pocket rather than the credit card company.

Problem with it not accepting certain countries is because there are very thin goverment and administration rules. Paypal don't want to get into country where there is unstable government and business. This applies to countries like nigeria and pakistan. Once any government becomes unstable then foreign business hardly comes to those countries. there is nothing wrong with paypal thinking this way or even preferring not to do business with them. It's their business and choice afterall. For used books, coins and other stuff ebay is much better than amazon. Reason is it covers more geographical area than amazon. Amazon is still not expanding in africa and asia and this reason is enough for their limited business. On the other hand ebay is earning more bucks by allowing more countries with/without paypal to do the transaction on ebay. You can have credit card and use ebay. No need to use paypal in such case. Some buyers are also good on ebay so there is business for almost every one. Think about it, why alertpay, liberty reserve are not the best payment processors ? This is because there is less transparency in their business. You can see in their transactions and less user privacy or less care for the user business. If you want safe business then paypal is one good option.

Well you are rite well lots of company are not acepting the unveryfied paypal account like godaddy and others but not every one.they just need money dosent matter where from it comes, fraud or genuine customers are same for them.

One more recent issue i found with paypal is that they're not in favor of buyers. I mean you've say wordpress theme for sale and then you're getting some customers. If customers feel like buying your product and then suddenly files chargeback then paypal will refund the money and then you have no other option than giving the money back. If the product is digital download then sure you lost one sale and also lost product for free to some person. I think this could in turn will result in issue with online market place. Paypal is not secure for buyers in such case because chargebacks are not good in case of digital download. You should consider other payment processor instead of paypal. I think okpay and alertpay are much better than paypal in such case only issue is that you can't use them on ebay.

The other interesting thing PayPal does which we have gotten bitten by several times now is their checkout process will occasionally glitch and charge either the wrong amount or to the wrong bank account and rack up huge amounts of banking fees. One time, between the payment and confirmation page, PayPal multiplied the amount by $100. One form page was using integer cents and the next was using a float value for the amount. I caught it at the last moment before it charged several thousand dollars to an account which did not have the money.

Another one we have gotten hit by twice is when you specifically select the payment to come from one account but it is actually charged to another (with attendant bank fees if it overdrafts). The first time this happened, I just happened to print a copy of the confirmation screen and was able to therefore show that the confirmation screen and the email did not match, so the bank and PayPal between them resolved the or so in bank fees. But I do not do that every time and recently it did it again just before we left on a vacation. The account it tried to draft the money from is kept deliberately low in order to protect our main funds from fraud. We only transfer money into the account when we need it. PayPal tried twice to take out of the wrong account. Partway through, I figured out what was going on and called their support. They said they could not cancel a transaction in progress from their end and that, "Don't worry, it will automatically try the correct account once it fails." It did. PayPal got their money, buy by the time everything was said and done, a PayPal transaction of like $8 ended up costing us $200 in overdraft fees. Liberty Bank and PayPal pointed fingers at each other and basically said they were not interested in working anything out. We closed our account with Liberty Bank and will close our account with PayPal as soon as we find any alternative or, if we don't find one soon will just close it anyway.

The problem is that PayPal has access to electronic draft your money. If you authorize any transaction, that authorizes every transaction. When they screw up, they can cause devastation, not just in fees but in hours of trying to straighten things out. When something like that goes wrong, they don't care, especially the bank which makes quick money on the fees. Liberty Bank claimed to be a small-town, customer-oriented bank, and they were until they were recently bought. Now they are just another business out to screw you over, just like PayPal.

Does anyone have any decent alternative? I have spent quite a bit of time looking for them, but most of the best seem to either no longer exist or not be offered in the US. We had an account with e-gold, but since they got screwed over by the US government, their system is painful to use, they claim the right to charge you whatever they want pretty much on a whim, and they don't operate in Missouri at all. I could accept payment with e-gold, but apparently I could never withdraw the money. So what is the option, both for personal payments and for offering website checkout?

ebay is a high traffic tool (or website) and therefor there's bound to be errors/issues etc but it's unfortunate that this happens to you more than once.... i think any system with such load bound to have problems, but's is its' problem versus success ration high enough to consider it a bad too?