xisto Community
tansqrx

Looking For Anonymous Internet Service Provider

I am currently looking for an anonymous proxy service provider to replace the one that I recently dropped. I was using SurfSolo from SecurStar (http://www.securstar.biz/) but they have dropped most of their servers and I don’t much care for their selection at the moment. The service must provide the following:1. Server in different country2. SSH connections3. P2P capable4. Reasonable speedsPrice is not a large concern because I was paying over $100 USD for my previous provider for one year. Just wondering if anyone else in the Xisto community has any experience or recommendations.

Hmm...

Protects your anonymity yes

Access blocked websites? yes

Encrypts all traffic? yes

Works on any application? yes

No advertisements? yes

Works with file sharing? yes

Difficult to block? yes

* Unmetered bandwidth

* Free web based support

* $0 setup fee

* 30 day money back guarantee

* Multiple server locations

1 month

* $11.52

* $16.45

* Save 30%

6 months

* $50.66

* $98.70

* Save 50%

12 months

* $78.66

* $197.40

* Save 60%

And 2 days to go: 12 month for only 6.57 $ :D

Is what you searching ? Is cheap enough. More info here: https://www.hidemyass.com/how-vpn-works

Lol, they need to pay me for the advertisement :rofl:

Edited by demlasjr (see edit history)

I love their "30 day money back guarantee"What does that mean ? If I do something forbidden and the police breaks my anonymity and comes and arrests me, I can ask my money back?

Hidemyass is good. But i can't afford paid service. In between, torpark could help you. I'm not sure it completely wipes the traces off. But atleast i have managed to log-into my cpanel when it was blocked for my home IP. Torpark offers many options for selecting identity and you can change the identity any time. Try it, check here. In case if you are opera user you can use tor opera.

As you're interested in paying for the service, you can try PPS nntime or hidemein.

Torpark offers many options for selecting identity and you can change the identity any time. Try it, check here.

And, of course, inside the tor project, do not forget to have a look at the vidalia section : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

vidalia comes along with the other tools you need, including the privoxy settings and the torbutton for automatic identity switch.

@Yordan, i didn't checked "removal of privacy traces" and i have no idea how to check it and where as well. I mean how these traces are removed in torpark?. As hidemyass and other sites claims that they can remove the traces from browser. Is there any facility to do such thing in torpark. In case there is i would like to turn that on. It's not necessary as i only need it to access if there is IP blocked sometimes on forums/school etc. Is there any such setting in torpark for removing traces ?

Nothing such, unfortunately, or fortunately. Tor simply acts as a privoxy : your IP packet are coming from the tor privoxy, which is a computer located randomly in India, after this in Spain, after this in Japan, after this in USA.
You see this if you have a look at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
This IP address is the most obvious info most of website need (for instance for "single visitors" purposes).
However this is not the only info hidden inside the IP packets from and to your computer.
And some infos cannot be removed. For instance your computer sends everything needed in order that the packet containing the info you are asking for comes back to your computer.
If you really change your computer's identity, you ask a question to the remote host, and the answer arrives to another computer, not to yours!

I love their "30 day money back guarantee"What does that mean ? If I do something forbidden and the police breaks my anonymity and comes and arrests me, I can ask my money back?

hmm.....
how you will ask for money-back if you're in jail. LOL. Now is internet connections in jails ? :P I guess you will not have sufficient time to ask for your money back. Maybe after 30 months or 30 years :P

LE: Guys I tried that Tor......
1) No java or flash supported
2) 2 minutes to open showmyip.com :D
3) I prefer to hide my f*cking *bottom* instead using that tor.....:D
Edited by demlasjr (see edit history)

That is strange. I did managed to open youtube and some other media sites which are blocked at workplace using OperaTor. Java and flash sites like FWA/Youtube are accessible on Tor-opera. I don't know what's the problem with it. It is bit slow i can understand that. But ip-location site was opening instantly for me. I didn't find any delay in that. Torpark maybe slowed down or something but i didn't find blocking flash sites with that. Lol, 30 days money back guarantee does sound suspicious. Or they mean they'll return money back after review of their service. If you don't review it after trying the service you don't get money back ? In any case, they need to mention terms related to money back guarantee.

I have problems when I'm trying to open websites like http://www.speedtest.net/ or http://www.speed.io/. I want to check my IP, so I opened one of that page and my browser told me I don't have Flash installed in my pc. With many security proxies I had this problem, youtube is working but websites like this 2 not. You can try and you will see :D Also my speed was too low, maybe depend the host where are you connected.

I guess then this is issue with browser for you. I'm not sure in your case. But it is working for us. I even tried opening java based site "processing.org" to check if it works with torpark. And i didn't find any issues. It was opening it without any problem. ISP issue with torpark perhaps ? Not sure about this.

I am going to look into Hidemyass once I get home. Iâm not very certain of the VPN aspect of the service because I am used to using a SSH connection. From my understanding, a VPN is all or nothing. You canât surf in Internet Explorer on your ISP connection and surf in Firefox with the VPN at the same time. This may be a problem as I would like to only use the proxy for certain applications (P2P) and then leave everything else, such as web browsing and IM, open to my regular connection.

I already use Tor but it has very limited bandwidth and is completely useless with P2P.

I would like to make a correction to yordan.

Nothing such, unfortunately, or fortunately. Tor simply acts as a privoxy : your IP packet are coming from the tor privoxy, which is a computer located randomly in India, after this in Spain, after this in Japan, after this in USA.You see this if you have a look at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
This IP address is the most obvious info most of website need (for instance for "single visitors" purposes).
However this is not the only info hidden inside the IP packets from and to your computer.
And some infos cannot be removed. For instance your computer sends everything needed in order that the packet containing the info you are asking for comes back to your computer.
If you really change your computer's identity, you ask a question to the remote host, and the answer arrives to another computer, not to yours!

The whole purpose of Tor is to make the connections between the Tor nodes anonymous. Running straight HTTP will not show any personally identifiable information except for perhaps a few HTTP headers. In most cases, the Tor software will actually chance the HTTP headers to a standard format such as IE version 6. The danger with Tor is JavaScript, DNS and perhaps Flash.

JavaScript is a problem because it can run arbitrary code on your computer which can sidestep any Tor protection. As an example, a website can embed JavaScript which makes its own connection or sends the real IP back to the server. This is fixed by turning off all scripting in your browser. I recommend No Script (https://noscript.net/) for Firefox which you should use even if you donât use Tor. The second problem is DNS because the DNS request usually goes to your ISPâs DNS servers. If an attacker is listening to your traffic at the ISP level, they cannot see the traffic but they can see the DNS request. This is fixed by using Torbutton for Firefox (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) which is included in the Vidalia bundle.

If you really lock down your browser and take the appropriate precautions, Tor is completely anonymous. The downside is that you shouldnât expect to get anywhere fast and any site that has scripting and Flash may not work.

I already use Tor but it has very limited bandwidth and is completely useless with P2P.

Agree that it is not usable for p2p. Speed maybe low for some sites. Especially sites that take too much of resources (flash/java/silverlight). Don't know why tor is not working with flash/java site for one of member here. Coming back to topic, which service you selected for anonymous browsing ?