xisto Community
takerraj

Unable To Install Opera 10 On Mandriva

I downloaded Opera 10 RPM from opera website for my mandriva. But when I try to install it says that there is a dependency failure and the dependency is : libqt3-3.3.8b-14mdv2009.1.i586. I downloaded it from rpmfind.net and tried to install. But it in turn said that there is a software dependency failure and the dependency is qt3-common-3.3.8b-8mdv2009.0.i586 . When I try to install this it is saying that it requires libqt3-3.3.8b-14mdv2009.1.i586 to install.

I am really confused. The first one says that it depends on second one and second one says that it depends on first one. Is there any way to solve this problem and make Opera install on Mandriva. Also yum install is also not working. Is there any way to install from terminal rather than from Install/Remove software.

Apparently, Mandriva is using urpmi as it's command line installation utility.
I have no clue how it works because I'm only using openSuse (zypper) and Debian (aptitude/apt-get).

Mandriva has been a nightmare for me. I used Fedora, Opensuse, LinuxMint, Ubuntu but never had so many problems. Also I found that Mandriva is running slow on my system. So, I removed Mandriva yesterday and installed Kubuntu. On Kubuntu, Opera installation went smoothly. No dependencies nothing. Till now Kubuntu is working fine!

Apparently, Mandriva is using urpmi as it's command line installation utility.I have no clue how it works because I'm only using openSuse (zypper) and Debian (aptitude/apt-get).

I type "rpm -qa" on mandriva systems, no problem.
@takerraj, did you put all the rpms in the same folder ? In that case "rpm -i *" should work.

I didn't tried that Yordan. I have removed Mandriva and I am running Kubuntu now and now I am facing new problems. I think I will post about this Kubuntu problems in a new thread without extending this thread. Thanks for the replies guys.