xisto Community
willmark

What Is The Best Search Engine

when i first got my computer it had the standard S.E (search engine) internet explorer my friends told me this was a bad s.e as it has been out for so long that all the hackers have found out all the cracks for it. this sounded possible true so i installed mozilla after being recomended it. I have no problem with any of them other than the usual rubbishy ads which is a pain in the *** but now i have downloaded google crome. can any-1 tell me the best of the 3 or sujest a better 1 that gives me more speed and less ads

Well, you seem to have mistaken a bit. Search engines are not built into browsers. Basically, when you enter search terms in the search bar of the browser, the default search engine website (google/msn,yahoo) is used. So the ads you mentioned were probably from the search engine website and not the browser.So, all the three browsers you mentioned are ad free, Firefox has lots of plugins to aid and Google chrome is a very fast browser. Although, the latest version of Firefox 3.5 is a lot faster than previous versions, but still if you want speed with minimum functionality of a browser, go with Google Chrome.

I think he is familiar with the word "browser" i think that he thinks that browser is a search engine....please willmark,correct me if i'm wrong,but you think that mozzila firefox,internet explorer,opera,safari,maxton,deepnet,flock and avant are all search engines....if you think that,they are not...they are all internet browsers...but altavista,google,yahoo,ask.com,...and all other like that are search engines...

My favorite!!?? That of course, would be Google. But since I am able to have the second address search... I just keep it at Google and whatever I want... it gets typed in and the next screen is Google and with my results... I mean, it is nice to have others like Yahoo is my fall back when I just can't find anything in Google... unless it is a rarity, then Google does what I need it to do!- skedad -

skedad...first i want to know what he means...internet browser or search engine...what i think is that he wants to know which browser is better