xisto Community
jerryliang

How To Backup Your Sms For Your Mobile With You Pc sms backup tool

Do you have a lot of SMS messages, some of sentimental value? Do you need to backup your SMS from your phone to pc? I found third party software for Windows Mobile Phone to transfer SMS to your desktop computer. Here is the user’s guide (3 main Steps)

1. Download the third party software and Install it

2. Transfer the SMS from your mobile to PC

3. Restore SMS from pc to mobile

1.Download the third party software and Install it

Step 1 Download the SMS transfer tool

Step 2: Unzip the file you downloaded just now and copy the installation file "GodswMobileSMSTransferSetup.CAB" to your mobile device. You may need to connect your device to a host computer using ActiveSync. You can also transfer the file using a memory card.

Step 3: On your device, navigate to the location of the CAB file using File Explorer. Click on the CAB file (displayed as the following screenshot) and click "Install" to begin the installation.

2. Transfer the SMS from your mobile to PC

Now let’s use the software to finish the transfer job.

Step 1: Click "start" and then select programs.

Step 2: Select the “SMSTransfer” in your mobile programs list to run it.

Step 3: Click on "Backup Messages" in the main interface to backup you SMS messages in mobile phone. You will see the follow screenshot

Posted Image

Step 4: Decide the file name, file format and location (The default setting is OK) for your SMS file and click on "Save" to start to backup process. You will see the follow screenshot.

Posted Image

Step 5: After backup completes, all the SMS messages has been backup in a file on your phone. You can save it in your memory card or transfer it to your computer easily by ActiveSync.

3. Restore SMS from pc to mobile

Before backup, the mobile phone do not have any messages as a brand new phone.

Posted Image

Step 1: Click on "SMS Transfer" in programs list to run it.

Posted Image

Step 2: Click on "Restore Messages" in the main interface to save your SMS messages into mobile phone.

Posted Image

Step 3: Select and click on the stf file to be restored.

Posted Image

Posted Image

After Restore Succeed. You will see all you message come back to your phone now!

Posted Image

you see,your important messages will be backuped so easily.

Free download SMS transfer

make it yours here

This topic has already posted one month ago here : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Please do not post copied text on this forum.
If you really want to share with us something which has already been published somewhere else, please use quote tags and mention where you copied the text from.
Please read our forum rules. Posting copied text without quotes is considered as plagiarism and can lead to a ban.
I did the quoting job for you today, next time I expect you to do the quoting job by yourself. :(
Regards
Yordan

i think its better to use the software provided by the phone itselfif you have a nokia phone you can directly update your contacts and even copy out your sms on your computer by using the nokia pc suite itselfI dont know about others but you can do it for most of the nokia phones

The microsoft phone app does not work on any mobile :

Currently, Microsoft My Phone works only on phones that run the Windows Mobile 6+ operating system. This includes phones from many different manufacturers and mobile operators. To check which version of Windows Mobile your phone is using, click Start > Settings > About on your phone.

This topic has already posted one month ago here : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Please do not post copied text on this forum.
If you really want to share with us something which has already been published somewhere else, please use quote tags and mention where you copied the text from.
Please read our forum rules. Posting copied text without quotes is considered as plagiarism and can lead to a ban.
I did the quoting job for you today, next time I expect you to do the quoting job by yourself. :(
Regards
Yordan

sorry,didn't notice the rule,try not to make the same mistake again,sorry again.