xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Leveecius

Ok, Want To Incorporate Some Help Need help with my RPG

Ok guys, so after 2 almost 3 years of planning, and script learning, I have found I don't have much time (being as I'm in the Army and am currently deployed to Iraq), to actually sit down and make all my ideas come together for the game. Like I've said, I've got all the ideas down (that was the biggest step) and I have a LOT of information about the game, I just need help from someone to help write it/create it. I'm familiar with HTML and a little bit of CSS and PHP, but not that good with them (with the exception of HTML, which doesn't help me here). So, please if anyone is interested please let me know. I would rather not discuss the ideas of the game over here due to it being my personal design and will somewhat be prodigy for most of the RPG's I've played in. So if anyone is willing to help, feel free to e-mail me @ leveewithachevy@yahoo.com (sn is the same as e-mail addy), or just PM me on here and I will give you the majority of the ideas. Please guys I'm really looking for help from anyone. Preferably someone who is knowledgeable in PHP, MySQL, and a little bit in Java. Let me know guys. Thanks.

Anyone willing to help for some $$?

I know a really good ruby programmer, who might be able to help you out at a VERY reasonable price, i will get in contact with him and point him in this direction. Making a web game with rails and mongrel is kind of trivial i guess.
Edited by The_Fury (see edit history)

I'd appreciate it. I have a question about Ruby though, is it better or worse than PHP?

Its like comparing a Big Mac and a Wopper, they are both hamburgers and both will make you fat. LOL In reality they can both do the same sorts of things in slightly different ways and it just comes down to what language you have learned as a programmer. There are a lot of advantages to using ruby and rails for a web game, mostly you can separate out the logic from the page rendering and have a true server/client setup, which IMO scales better.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ this explains it better than i ever could :(
Edited by The_Fury (see edit history)

Anybody else able to help me here? I'm seriously begging for help now. I'll even change it to whatever scripting you're comfortable with. I just need help doing this. when it comes to computers I'm good at programming, but when it comes to internet scripting, I'm still somewhat of a n00b :D Anyone that will help?