xisto Community
Dayzed

Mysql Database Help need help with MySQL databases...skip to page three

I just got hosted on Friday, and I just uploaded all the FTP files and SQL file. Now, I am losted at what to do. I thought since I uploaded all the files, it would work, but it doesnt. I am making a LUE2/OG-like site. You can help by posting a message here or emailing me or AIMing at mutatedmonkeycat. (AIM perfered..)

Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)

So, it uses sql? Did you put it to the right adress a.k.a localhost (because it's hosted on trap's server). Btw, what is not working? What are the error messages? We need the details because it's like saying, my computer doesn't work, can you fix the problem. Details details...

did you signup using gigapass.com like you said on your application?

1 you have not pointed your "DNS Record" nameservers to Xisto name servers yet. Until you do that I don't know how any of your data would be accessible. Your cpanel is accessible using the IP address only.

Your NS records at the parent servers are:
ns.kornet.net. [211.216.50.150] [TTL=172800] [KR]
ns2.kornet.net. [211.216.50.160] [TTL=172800] [KR]

[These were obtained from m.gtld-servers.net]

So until you update your NS record everything you do are in vain. :)

Nils

First, what folder did you upload your files to?Next, your batabase name is USERNAME_ then the database name, er, at least I Think it is...Also make sure that the index page is changed to be your index page not the index page that was on when you first got your account...

First, what folder did you upload your files to?

Next, your batabase name is USERNAME_ then the database name, er, at least I Think it is...

Also make sure that the index page is changed to be your index page not the index page that was on when you first got your account...

69855[/snapback]

Er, I uploaded the files to seperate files. There are about 50 of 'em. I still dont know what the database name is, would it be USERNAME_trap17 (so really it would be dayzed_trap17?)

How do you change the index page?

Go to, Cpanel click on file manager, click on the folder next to "public_http", click on index.html then click edit on the right. A window will open with the code to the index page. Make sure that the files you uploaded are in the public_http folder or you won't be able to access them.You need to make a database before you can access it. To make a database go to cpanel, click on MySQL Databases, type whatever you want to call the database in the textbox and click "Create MySQL database". Then create a new user to access the database. Click on "go back", scroll down to where it says "Existing MySQL Users", type a name for the new user there and a password. Click "Create MySQL user". Now allow the user to change the database. Click "go back", scroll to where it says " Grant permissions on a MySQL database to a MySQL user" and choose the user you made and the database you made. make sure "ALL" is clicked under privileges then click "Grant Permissions".The database name is then the "YOURUSERNAME_YOURDATABASENAME" and then your username is "YOURCPANELUSERNAME_YOURDATABASEUSERNAME"

public_html is the one you should look inAnswer me this...what is the name of the first webpage people will see when they go to yoursite? If it's not index.htm, index.html, or index.php, then rename it to any one of those three, and delete the existing index.html in your public_html folder in your cpanel.

Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)

Okay, now, look in your public_html folder. You should see an index.html file. DELETE THAT!Next, upload your index.php file to your public_html folder.Keep posting if you need more. :)

I think I got it! I have one more question before I procede, do I delete what is already in index.html (which I renamed to index.php), that states, "You wont do this, Welcome to your site, thank you, ect ect.'? Well, not delete, but remove it and place my code in its place...

You can place your code in its (index.html) place, or you can delete index.html and upload your index.php file either way works because index.php takes precedence over the index.html file