xisto Community
Berzerkerz

Free Fps Game Free First Person Shooters

If you are like me, you have gotten sick of the normal slow pace first person shooters. Also the rocket launchers and plasma blasters. SNOOOZE. I have been playing this game for about 8-9 years now, it has evolved nicely without adding ridiculous things like item shops or cash shops or even buying the game. It originally started out as a mod for Quake III Arena by Id software and Activision. The mod, now stand alone game, is called Urban Terror. There are several game modes in Urban Terror; Team Survivor, Team Death match, Bomb Mode, Capture The Flag, Free For All, Follow The Leader and Capture and Hold. Though typically people don't play the last 2.

In this game there are 2 teams, almost like opposing S.W.A.T. teams. Each player can choose from one of four skins on each team. The arsenal is the same for everyone. An impressive arsenal at that. Everyone has the 6 1/4" blade KaBar Next Generation Knife for melee, which you can use as slash/stab or as a throwing knife (you have 5 to throw). You have the option to choose from one of two sidearms: The BERETTA 92FS which has a 15 round clip that holds 9X19mm bullets with 2 extra clips and can be equipped with a laser sight and/or a silencer. Option 2 is the IMI .50 AE Desert Eagle which has a 7 round clip that holds .50 caliber AE rounds also with 2 extra clips and can be equipped with a silencer.

Secondary weapons include the Franchi SPAS12 Shotgun with an 8 cartridge chamber for its 12/70 round cartridge shells w/ 20 extra shells; the Heckler & Koch MP5K which holds 25 rounds of .45 caliber ACP rounds with 2 extra clips and has 2 firing modes, burst and fully automatic and can be equipped with a laser sight and silencer; the Heckler & Koch UMP45 which holds 30 rounds of 9X19mm caliber rounds with 2 extra clips and also has 2 firing modes, burst and fully automatic and can also be equipped with laser and silencer.

Primary weapons include the Heckler & Koch HK69, a grenade launcher that fires 40mm explosive rounds and holds 1 grenade with 4 extra grenades. This weapon has 2 firing modes, short and long range; the Colt M4 Carbine which holds 30 rounds of 5.56X45 caliber NATO bullets with 2 extra clips and has 3 firing modes, semi-automatic, burst and fully automatic and can be equipped with the laser sight and silencer, the m4 is probably the most accurate automatic weapon in the game; the ZM Weapons LR300ML which holds 30 rounds of 5.56X45 caliber NATO rounds with 2 extra clips and has 3 firing modes, semi-automatic, burst and fully automatic and can be equipped with laser and silencer, the LR has a slightly slower firing rate than the M4 but possibly slightly stronger giving it a little bit more recoil; the Kalashnikov AK-103 which holds 30 rounds of 7.62X29 caliber rounds with 2 extra clips and has 3 firing modes semi-automatic, burst and fully automatic and can be equipped with the laser sight and silencer, the AK is the most powerful automatic weapon in the game and suffers from poor accuracy and high recoil; the Heckler & Koch G36, a gas power automatic rifle with a 1x scope which holds 30 5.56X45 caliber NATO rounds with 2 extra clips and has 3 firing modes semi-automatic, burst and fully automatic and can be equipped with a silencer; the IMI NEGEV LMG, a veritable mini gun without a mount, holds 90 belt fed 5.56 caliber rounds with 2 extra belts has only one firing mode, automatic and can be equipped with a silencer, with the highest firing rate of any gun in the game its accuracy and power are poor and because of its sheer size it will slow you down and cause fatigue much faster; the Heckler & Koch PSG-1, a sniper rifle with 3x scope which holds 8 rounds of 7.62X51 caliber NATO rounds with 2 extra clips and has, of course, only one firing mode, semi-automatic with low recoil can be fired quite rapidly and can be equipped only with the silencer; last but not least, my personal favorite, the Remington SR-8, a sniper rifle with 3x scope which holds five .338 Lapua Magnum rounds with 2 extra clips, the most powerful weapon hands down in the game, a bolt action rifle that can one hit kill anywhere but legs and arms, though slow to fire (about 3 seconds between shots) a great weapon for the skilled marksman. Soon 2 more weapons will be coming out: Benelli M4 Tactical shotgun and the FN P90. I don't have the statistics on those yet though.

Items: This game also allows you to equip several items to both you and your weapon. Two choices for hand grenades, the HE explosive frag grenade and the smoke grenade for cover. You can equip yourself with a medical kit for bandaging your teammates further and faster than normally possible (to a max health of 80% opposed to 50% without med kit). You can also equip yourself with Extra Ammo which doubles the amount of extra clips you can carry for each gun (total of 6 grenades for HK 69 w/ Extra Ammo kit) As mentioned before you have the ability to equip some weapons with a laser sight which increases accuracy by reducing spread and a silencer which greatly reduces your shots sound and slightly reduces spread as well. There is also a set of Tactical Goggles which helps you see in darker areas and detect players through smoke. You also have the options of wearing a Kevlar vest which decreases damage taken from hits to the torso but slows you down slightly and increases fatigue and a helmet which for some of the weaker guns gives you an extra chance after a head shot.

Now, previously I mentioned fatigue, in Urban Terror you have a stamina bar which is used for sprinting and jumping. Once your stamina bar is reduced you cannot sprint or jump very high until you regain some stamina by not sprinting or jumping, regain it quicker by stopping altogether. Jumping is a great feature in this game as its not just used for getting over obstacles on the ground. In Urban Terror (commonly referred to as UrT) you can do what is called strafe jumping. Strafe jumping in UrT is jumping while sprint in a specific angle so as to exponentially increase your speed. This helps you rush your enemy efficiently or get away with the flag swiftly. The other great feature regarding jumping, is the wall jump. In UrT you can jump off of walls up to 3 times in succession. Combining these 2 features can get you around the map and into places on the map you wouldn't normally think possible.

There are literally hundreds of maps to play on with the many types of game modes and literally hundreds of servers in every region of the world that has internet capabilities on which to play. Most popular though are North America and Europe.

As I stated before I have been playing this game for around 8 years and it was out before I started, many of the people I played with in the beginning still play and even more start playing everyday. Check it out as soon as you can if you want to play a fast paced first person shooter! http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Thanks for reading! I will be happy to answer any questions, just post here!