xisto Community
abhineet1405241575

Instant Mail Alerts On Mobile For Free Lets use a free service to make something like desi blackberry...

Mail anxiety  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi friends!!!

This is my first post to this forum.

The post I am going to make here is what I posted on my technical blog. Its totally original & mine (hope it follows the rules & earn me some MyCents). This post is originally posted by me on http://www.abhineetlabs.co.cc/ & now I am sharing it on Xisto forum. Hope you find it useful.

I will share all my technical blog posts here. But, if personal technology blog posts are not allowed here, please do tell me.

So, I was talking about how to get instant mail alerts on mobile phone for free. Here it goes...

All of us need to check our mails on the go.

It is easy for those who have push mail enabled phones & can afford push mail services or those who have got 24 hour connected gprs which checks the mail at a regular interval of time.

However both of the above options are not feasible for those who cannot afford much or if someone does not have a gprs enabled phone.

Even if you can afford 24 hour gprs on, the battery drains much faster.

It means push mail is the best option. But what if one is not a business person & want this service for own interest. Then there is no need to buy a Blackberry & afford huge bills for push mails.

There is a way to get free alerts on your phone with sender & subject name mentioned in the sms, whenever you get a new email.

This is not an alternative to push mail but it keeps you informed whenever you get a new mail, with information of the sender & the subject.

Now we are going to set up our free sms mail alerts.

First of all, we need to look for a free online sms sending service which also provides email feature. This type of service will surely provide sms alerts for the mails for free.

Way2sms is such a service providing free sms alerts for the new incoming mail.

Lets start it all: -

STEP 1: Just log on to http://site24.way2sms.com/ & register for an account. May be you have one.

STEP 2: Then log in to your account. You will encounter a lot of advertisements as the site is heavily loaded with them. Just ignore them (to get something for free, it’s not a big amount).

STEP 3: Now look at the top right pane of the dashboard. Click on Mail.

STEP 4: In the mail section, on the left sidebar, click on Mail alerts. Here you can activate the mail alerts so that whenever a mail reaches your inbox, you will instantly get a sms.

In way2sms, when you activate mail alerts, they are activated for a period of 14 days, after which you have to activate it again. I dont think its a big issue because only two times a month, you need to do this. Also, even if you go for a vacation, 14 days is a long time for the need to again activate the mail alerts.

Now, let you have an email account yourname@somemail.com. You want to get the mail alerts for this mail address. Not to worry. Just forward your mails to the way2sms mail account you just created & you are done. Each time you get an email in your yourname@somemail.com account, it gets forwarded to your way2sms account & you get an sms alert with the senders name & subject.

When we forward mails from one account to other, the senders name is retained in the mail, i.e. the mail reaching your way2sms account will not have yourname@somemail.com as sender, but the original sender.

In Gmail, Yahoo & others, you may find the Mail Forwarding option in the settings.

Just go to settings, forward all your mails to your way2sms mail account & you are done. Please check the address carefully if you don’t want your mails forwarded to a wrong mail address.

So, not to feel technologically backward while you are between Blackberry holders, now you have your own Desi Blackberry, even in a simple black n white mobile phone. This makes you surely a geek.

Note: This service is currently for Indian subscribers as way2sms supports only Indian Mobile Networks at the moment. However if you are from some other country, you may have your country specific counterpart of way2sms.

Edited by yordan
Quoted the text copied from http://www.abhineetlabs.co.cc/technology/desi-blackberry/ (see edit history)

The post I am going to make here is what I posted on my technical blog. Its totally original & mine (hope it follows the rules & earn me some MyCents). This post is originally posted by me on http://www.abhineetlabs.co.cc/ & now I am sharing it on Xisto forum. Hope you find it useful.
I will share all my technical blog posts here. But, if personal technology blog posts are not allowed here, please do tell me.

Sorry, it's totally against the forum rules.
You cannot post copied text on this forum. The text you post here must not have been posted somewhere else. Or it has to be put between quote tags. Even if you really are the author, you have to quote the text if it has already been published somewhere else. You have to quote yourself if it's the second time you publish your text.
Personal technology blog posts are allowed. But you have first to publish it here, and secondly on your blog mentioning that it has already been published on Xisto.
Here at Xisto we only want original texts. Only original texts give mycents. Copied texts, if not properly quoted, can give negative mycents, and can even lead to a ban.
By the way, please avoid double-posting. A tutorial remains invisible until it is approved, no need to post it several times.

Jobs on ccnaInstant Mail Alerts On Mobile For Free

Iam Serching for Job in ccna 

-reply by D.ShyamsunderrajuKeywords: free job alerts on my mobile

but not getting email alerts of orkut on mobile which coming on gmail Instant Mail Alerts On Mobile For Free

I am receiving all email alerts on mobile but not able to get orkut alerts on mobile as sms I.E the orkut scraps coming on gmail .These orkut scraps mail is forward to way2sms but ot coming to mobile then tell me what to do Please  

-question by chirag