xisto Community
FirefoxRocks

Windows 7 Media Center Issues

I am using Windows 7 RC as my primary operating system right now, and my dad just pre-ordered the Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade because Vista is too malfunctiony to work. I am having an issue with the Media Center in Windows 7, particularly the TV guide.In Windows Vista the TV guide works fine and periodically downloads data every 3 days or so. In Windows 7, data hasn't been downloaded for over a month. All my channels say "No data available". Without the TV guide, Media Center won't record anything because it doesn't know when the shows are on. I am in Canada, using Shaw Cable as my TV provider with analog TV (if that helps).Is there a file I can delete to reset the TV guide function or what can I do?

You can manually download the Guide in the Settings section under Tasks. Under TV, press Get Latest Guide Listings. If that doesn't do it, reset up your guide, the system will overwrite the old guide data.xboxrulz

You can manually download the Guide in the Settings section under Tasks. Under TV, press Get Latest Guide Listings. If that doesn't do it, reset up your guide, the system will overwrite the old guide data.
xboxrulz

It prompts me to download guide listings, and when I manually try to download them it says that they are already downloading, but it's been weeks and the guide is still "No data available".
I also tried setting up the TV again (choosing a cable provider with the postal code), but the wizard freezes when it says "Download more information to continue setup...".

first of all, just re-try, it could be a hang-up problem with no retry-after-timeout in the setup script.Secondly, could it be a firewall settings joke ? Just try shutting down the firewall during re-install (I guess stopping the firewall is not so easy with Windows7). And it could be a funny behavior of your anti-virus too...

Never used windows 7 before, so I think I can't help you lot. But, are you using proxy? Have you checked your connection? I mean, are you able to connect to TV guide provider (try pinging it)? Have you checked the regional setting in control panel and in MP configuration. You might also checked your time and date setting etc.

Never used windows 7 before, so I think I can't help you lot. But, are you using proxy? Have you checked your connection? I mean, are you able to connect to TV guide provider (try pinging it)? Have you checked the regional setting in control panel and in MP configuration. You might also checked your time and date setting etc.

I don't know what the TV guide provider is so I can't ping it/check the server.My proxy is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
My regional settings, date and time are set correctly. In Windows Media Center, my region is set to Canada, which is correct.

Did you checked the network connection setting in Winblows Media Center and Internet Explorer? Try to check them, maybe that's the cause.. (at least i hope it's just as simple like that ;p)

I don't know what the TV guide provider is so I can't ping it/check the server.My proxy is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
My regional settings, date and time are set correctly. In Windows Media Center, my region is set to Canada, which is correct.

So I am planning on finding something for my daughter's used PC... I don't know if I will be able to do anything with Windows 7, but maybe I will have to give it a try. And with that maybe even try the Media Center... unless it is having a lot of those issues.

So I am planning on finding something for my daughter's used PC... I don't know if I will be able to do anything with Windows 7, but maybe I will have to give it a try. And with that maybe even try the Media Center... unless it is having a lot of those issues.

You should start a new thread and post your daughter's old PC. I'm using Windows 7 RC for my media centre and it's working flawlessly.

xboxrulz

I'm running window 7 ultimate. I have several iso trainning videos that I watch in media player 12 using daemon.  For some reason when you get towards the end of a chapter it stops playing and you get an error. I tried burning to a DVD but it still does the same.  It does not do this in Real Player nor does it stop in Windows media player 11. In short, the error states a corrupt library of which I deleted but when compiling again, results are the same.  I tried repairing from DVD win7 OS but it does not seem to find the problem. Short of reinstalling the entire OS, I have exhausted a search on helps.  MS does not have a download for WMP12 nor can I delete it. Only posible solution apart from reinstalling the os is to delete every file and folder associated with WMP12 as well as in the registry and let the repair hopefully do its thing.   Any suggetions would greatly be appreciated.

-question by butchmach

MS 7 Media Centre Windows 7 Media Center IssuesHiI've been using MS7 for some time and find it great. I have a problem with Media Centre in that the time is an hour ahead of what it should be and I'm not able to record the programs I want.How do I change the time in Media Centre so that it is accurate? I'm finding it frustratingRegardsLee-question by Alan

I have the identical issue as FirefoxRocks Windows 7 Media Center Issues

No guide download downloads in Windows 7 64bit. Stopped spontaneously but I did note that in the Windows media center settings about the guide that Zap2it had an end date of 02/12/2009

not sure if this is relevant but haven't found a solution as of yet apart from reinstalling Windows 7

-reply by milty

Windows 7 MCEWindows 7 Media Center Issues

hey Firefoxrocks, I thought I was the only one having trouble with this new Windows 7. I have the same issue because my Media Center will not download TV listings and I have tried so many ways. My Internet connection is fine but I am having difficulty and experiencing the same issues you have/had. Did you find a solution? Please post it. Thanks.

-reply by Whyme