xisto Community
iGuest

Online Quake!

I have heard of this website before. I first played this game when it was in beta mode.In my opinion this is an extremely good game, especially for a free game that just works by installing an Activex component inside an internet browser.I feel this online version of the game is just as good as the commercial versions that Quake have released in the past. If not, the online version may even be better as it can be updated easier, the updates can be more frequent but also it's free so more players are online. A shooting game is always better when there are more players :)

I also saw quake in the browser as it was beta, now it seems to be fully working! Nice to play it in a browser, even though it still is a bit strange though ;]

The game works fine in the browser. The only problem is that it tends to lag a bit more in the browser than if say you were playing the game from an executable. I can' t say that I am a big fan of the game but it beats other browser games by a lot. :)

Excellent game. I have Ubuntu installed and I played in in Firefox. Close to no lag and the graphics were great. The only drawback to this game is that that aren't that many online players. Yes there are some but not as much as I would have hoped.

I tried installing to give it a shot. Nope doesn't work for my setup. Then again it could be my laptop is too new. Maybe it will work on 32bit OS with an older browser. After clicking everything possible on the site i could not find a page with the recommended system requirements, even in the forums. I just glanced at the total reads and replys from some of the the buggy/error like topics. I came to the conclusion that this software is still in the works and their community is still growing or using hardware from the Quake era. Rather than wasting time trying to figure out this free game, I just deleted my account. The apparent value in time lost not getting it to run after 6 plugin installs/uninstalls/repairs, closing and opening the browser, logins to website, and clicking numerous EULAs. Complete waste. I probably would have been better off digging in my archive of retro cd cases for the game, and install/run the original in an virtual os. :) Levimage

Well, it only works on Firefox 2.0 / 3.0 and Internet Explorer 7 / 8 and only on Windows as I know. Support for Linux and Mac OS is still under development as it's told on the page..To play the game, you need to register.. But I agree that it lags a little bit, but strange that not always, but sometimes.. I played it only with IE8 and it worked well for me on Windows 7.. But yeah, my laptop is 32 bit :)It requires you to install an addon to play the game, maybe the browser or something is blocking the installation and that is the reason it doesn't work, as I remember using IE8 for it, it was quite hard to install it, I needed to push several times to run the addon to install it and etc. as due to the security reasons of IE :D It takes a while to start playing it, due to all those security reasons and due to a bit of laging, sometimes it seems it doesn't work and it starts to work :)But for me it works.. As I understand it's not HTML5, as it requires a special addon for it to run, but it's still fun. :D