xisto Community
takerraj

Is This A Problem With Wordpress Or Xisto?

Well I have a problem with one of the important plugin o my wordpress blog and the problem is with XML sitemap plugin. I installed XML sitemap plugin and when I go to settings page it says this :

# The last run didn't finish! Maybe you can raise the memory or time limit for PHP scripts. Learn more

# The last known memory usage of the script was 14.75MB, the limit of your server is 128M.

# The last known execution time of the script was 0.02 seconds, the limit of your server is 120 seconds.

# The script stopped around post number 36 (+/- 100)

When I try to build sitemap manually it shows this error :

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 262144 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 541 bytes) in /home/pcaddons/public_html/wp-includes/link-template.php on line 113

I googled about this and on wordpress forums I found this :

1. If you have access to your PHP.ini file, change the line in PHP.ini

If your line shows 32M try 64M:

memory_limit = 64M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (64MB)

2. If you don't have access to PHP.ini try adding this to an .htaccess file:

php_value memory_limit 64M

3. Try adding this line to your wp-config.php file:

Increasing memory allocated to PHP

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '64M');

4. Talk to your host. [source https://wordpress.org/support/topic/28-problems-and-solutions-faq/?replies=5]

I contacted the support team and they said they'll look into this. Alternatively they asked me to ask in forums so that someone gives me solution.

This is the situation for the last five days. My new posts are not added to Search engine index pages. So please somebody help me!

Edited by takerraj (see edit history)

AFAIK, the memory usage in our account is limited to 32MB, and I'm not sure whether we can make it bigger or not (I've tried it once and I failed). Try to reduce your plugins (the other unused plugins), maybe it's just because you're using too much plugins which consumes lots of memory.BTW, what's the plugin you're using to generate xml-sitemap?

I'm using the same plugin and i don't get any problem like yours. Try reducing your plugins, and see if that helps.

The plugin is "google-xml-sitemaps-generator". version 3.1.4.

Definitely not. I'm using 22 plugins, and never have any issue like this. I got an error about file permission (which is not writable), but nothing related to memory.

BTW, try to set memory limit in xml-sitemap plugin setting to 32MB.

@akashiright now I'm using 11 plugins. Do you think this is the problem?

Hurray! I solved it. Global translator is the culprit. I just disabled sitemap integration in Global translator options and it worked. Now everything is fine except this. sitemap plugin says that it is unable to notify Yahoo. Apart from that everything is fine.

I never knew that global translator can cause such a thing. About notifying yahoo, as long you have the right application ID, you should be able to do that. Really don'T know about this.

Hurray! I solved it. Global translator is the culprit. I just disabled sitemap integration in Global translator options and it worked. Now everything is fine except this. sitemap plugin says that it is unable to notify Yahoo. Apart from that everything is fine.

It's OK akashi. I'll try some work arounds and if I suceed in that then I'll post about it. So that if some one encounters with same problem then they can have readymade solution for them. Thanks akashi for taking time to help me. Thank you.