xisto Community
Inspiron

Dell Or Hp ? Which is the best computer brand you prefer ?

Which is the best computer brand you prefer ?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I prefer DELL...The service is good... Esp after sales services...I heard HP lock up their hardwares so user cannot upgrade parts themselves..but to go through HP for upgrades...Thats hurts...

i choose dell because it's the only kind of computer i've ever tried XP. Nver tried HP, so I don't know what it's like. And it'd be bad to compare if I never tried HP. so... dell for me :)

I've always heared that dell's are crappy cause they can't be upgraded. I'm not sure which is better because mine is custom built.

I will say one thing, I don't like HP, I never will, I don't think there is one model that has both the power and the price, Dell you get powerful PC, at a low price, if you want one of the monsters they prodice it will be more, but still cheap for the power level of the PC you are buying, so basically, Dell, because they are fairly priced.

Well as some of you might know HP bought Compaq and as we all know Compaq SUCKS so Dell all the way. Even if it cost you an arm and a leg to buy Dell parts from them for your computer.

You can upgrade parts on DELL computers.. why not...I've added another graphic card and CDROM for my PC...And added a new RAM module to my notebook...Both DELL and I upgraded them myself...You CAN upgrade DELL parts...But what I've heard about HP was that they lock up hardwares physically..Such that you have to call a HP personel to open it up for upgrades...Isn't that crappy.. It's our computer since we bought it and why should HP bother if we want to further upgrade..Dell after sales services rocks...They do parts to parts exchange if your devices doen't work right at your doorstep..Of course that under warranty..The new parts are upgraded from the old part furthermore..Like i had a faulty 60GB hard drive and I exchanged and expected a 60GB same type of hard drive, instead to find out that I got an 80GB drive..And my monitor too, I've got a CRT which became faulty a few years ago, and exchanged for an LCD screen...So DELL all the way...

I have a Dell since 2001, I havent had to get anything fixed yet. The customer service is excellent, I got it built to my specifications. That speaks for itself. Now all I need is a memory upgrade. Isint there a lawsuit concerning Dell uping their advertised prices once prospective clients order on the phone?

For me, thats a quite easy question. I don'r really like dell pcs that much and I always have used hp, and I always will. I don'y really care about getting upgrades, I'll proably get a new pc every odd 6 years, to some people thats a quite long time, but I don't really care. Besides, I've heard bad things about dell and good things about hp, until just now, when this topic started up. So I guess thats why I use hp and always will, so its hp for me all the way :)

I have an HP branded PC. At the time it was a bargain, especially since it came with a 17" LCD flat panel... yum! Anyway, I have had no problems with it, and in contrast with most of the previous posters, yes you can upgrade and swap parts, I have sucessfully done it myself!There were a lot of "support programs" that were preinstalled... interesting "support" since I ran my PC perfectly when they were disabled...Customer service was good, they sympathetically replaced my HD even after the warranty ran out. The nice people.I havent tried a Dell PC myself and so have no point of comparison... but there you go.- Vacant.