xisto Community

Hey guys i own a Mac and i have been using iWeb to make my website. iWeb is a application used to make simple websites, this is a part of the iLife collection and only comes with the Mac os. If anyone knows if i can ftp my iWeb into this server to upload my website without having to use an ftp app, please let me know. If now may someone please tell/show me how to ftp my files into a server?

How is your site organized ? Some files in the same folder where your index.html file is ?Then, you can simply use the "file manager" in the cpanel of your Xisto account.If it's more complicated (several files in several folders) you can create a .zip compressed file, upload it to your Xisto server, and unzip it from the cpanel.And, of course, your Xisto account acts as a ftp server, so any ftp client (including the standard ftp command line of your mac) is able to upload files.And of course you can upload with Internet Explorer acting as an ftp client (unfortunately safari cannot).

How is your site organized ? Some files in the same folder where your index.html file is ?Then, you can simply use the "file manager" in the cpanel of your Xisto account.
If it's more complicated (several files in several folders) you can create a .zip compressed file, upload it to your Xisto server, and unzip it from the cpanel.
And, of course, your Xisto account acts as a ftp server, so any ftp client (including the standard ftp command line of your mac) is able to upload files.
And of course you can upload with Internet Explorer acting as an ftp client (unfortunately safari cannot).

Yes i will try to upload directly with my iweb app first, if it can't upload i will compress it then unzip it in my cPanel. Thank you for the information.