xisto Community
takerraj

Transferring Domain To Xisto?

I bought domain at Godaddy 6 months ago. Just now I have applied for hosting. I think it will be simple if both domain and hosting are at one place. Also I saw at Xisto that privacy protection for domains is free. My question is this, Is transferring domain costs money? If yes how much? and also how much will I have to pay for a domain/year?

I think transferring domain would cost you $10 or so. Its better to keep the domain at godaddy itself. After you transfer the domain by paying, the validity period of the domain would still remain the same, and you would simply be giving 10$ extra. But, of course if you have mycents it isn't much of an issue.'Also, in case if you don't have mycents, you can pay through paypal.Yes, Xisto offers free privacy protection for domains. And for the cost of the domain, its $11.21 paid annually including taxes.

You have to pay $10 but AFAIK that's for 1 year. Keep the domain at godaddy and you can transfer here after your domain expires. Try to ask the people at xisto for the best answer :o

I suggest keeping it at godaddy currently make sense for you. Firstly you still have half a year to expire. Secondly it cost you an extra 10 bucks. So just wait until you make enough on Mysents. But transferring domain to Xisto would still a bargain since you can make money by posting on forum and it is free and premium service.

Hmm I see most of you told him that it would cost "$10" and it would remain the same time that it expired. I was sure that when ever you transfered a domain that it would get an extra 1 year extension?? I maybe wrong but look into it as that is how most other hosts do it so I don't think Asta would be any different!

I guess that if you simply transfer, it will last the remaining time. If you transfer and add one year it will last one year more.At Xisto it works the same time, when you renew your domain it lasts one more year.

I used to use a domain at some other registrant and as I remember I needed to to renew in Spring, I transfered it here to Xisto as I remember at in Winter and paid 10$ and now I need to renew it in winter, so to answer the question, I lost about 3 months, as when you transfer the domain, you transfer it for a year.So it's best to transfer it here to Xisto, lets say a week or two before it will expire at GoDaddy, just if something might go wrong, you'll have a week or two to fix everything, as I remember some posts, GoDaddy doesn't always want to allow to transfer the domain somewhere else or used to not have the option, but usually it's best to write a support ticket here at Xisto panel and they will take care about it quite fast.

You can transfer domain at xisto by paying 14$ registration cost for the year. There is no transfer fee. I transfered one domain from dreamhost and i know the procedures here at xisto.1. Lift the restriction on your domain at godaddy.2. Get the authorization code from the goddady settings.3. Give the authorization code to the Xisto - Support team4. Make sure that you get your privacy protection at godday on disable mode. 5. Other than privacy protection you need to also respond to the transfer requires which is aksed for you on the godaddy. I think they'll email you explicitly about the transfer so that you can enable it for the support team. I followed the above sequence for my registrar and it got transferred.