xisto Community
thepinder

Help With Buying A Plan

Well i have $2.00 now for mycents and i want to buy a plan but it says i need a domain which cost $10 do i first have to buy a domain and then the plan or can i get some kind of subdomain to use? i need help someone help me. I want to have a subdomain for now with a basic plan.

Hello,
You are not required to buy domain. As per your wish you can get a subdomain from Xisto. This thread would explain everything in detail:

I saw your application for web hosting. Actually that was the procedure for older credit system. Now, you can order package directly from the billing area. The above thread shows the procedure. And to get more info on the new credit system you can have a look here:

And welcome to forums and happy hosting.

I saw your application for web hosting. Actually that was the procedure for older credit system. Now, you can order package directly from the billing area. The above thread shows the procedure. And to get more info on the new credit system you can have a look here:

That's right. I also answered the old-style request for hosting.Now, everything is simple : you order a "logic plan", which will cost you about $3 each month, the MyCENTS you accumulated can tell you how active you have to be on the forum in order to sustain your hosting.
And, that's correct, you don't need a domain name.
Without a domain name, your hosted website will be named something like http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (you will choose the exact name, which will end with Xisto.com).
You will need a domain name only if you don't want this kind of name, if you really need something very special like smartguy.org or happynewyear.com or another name of your choice.

Ok well thank you when i was tring to buy the Logic Hosting package i got stuck at the part were i had to put in my subdomain. i found out i have to put "sub-domain" in the first line then Xisto.com in the second line. then it took me to the purchase screen. I was wondering if i can upgrade later on from my logic plan to the next plan which i thionk is $7 a month?

As far as I know, you are free to upgrade anytime, without paying any extra fees, except the price difference of the packages. But, one thing to note is that if you are upgrading from logic plan $1.99 to Logic Pro Plan $6.66 then you might also need to pay $9+ setup fee for the pro plan. I am not sure about this though.

I am not sure if you would get the Xisto subdomain.

WHAT SUB-DOMAINS can you choose while setting up your Hosting Account?

yourname.elugs.com

yourname.tuckie.com

yourname.creativeriots.com

yourname.protectgaea.com

yourname.xysis.net

yourname.trap17.net

yourname.astahost.net

yourname.antilost.com

yourname.trap17.com -> for existing members only (not applicable for new members)

yourname.astahost.com -> for existing members only (not applicable for new members)

May be you have to choose from other options. Edited by Spencer (see edit history)

As far as I know, you are free to upgrade anytime, without paying any extra fees, except the price difference of the packages. But, one thing to note is that if you are upgrading from logic plan $1.99 to Logic Pro Plan $6.66 then you might also need to pay $9+ setup fee for the pro plan. I am not sure about this though.
I am not sure if you would get the Xisto subdomain.

May be you have to choose from other options.

Ohh oke, thanks i was using conflect.astahost.com :o i was doing it wrong thanks

Mines took around 7 hours. But, I also had some other issues regarding domain. So, I had to send a ticket. I got all those sorted out within a day (24 hrs). May be you can just wait a day and see. It will be surely be approved.

Mines took around 7 hours. But, I also had some other issues regarding domain. So, I had to send a ticket. I got all those sorted out within a day (24 hrs). May be you can just wait a day and see. It will be surely be approved.

ok thanks