xisto Community
yordan

Vista Photoalbum Screensaver does not follow subfolders nor links

With my windows XP computer, I used to put my camera pictures an a folder named "Photos", and used this folder in the Windows XP screensaver settings.This worked perfectly.For my own comfort, I organized this folder, adding subolders "last_year", "two_years_ago". This worked perfectly, the random picture chooser went inside the subfolders and displayed the pictures.I also had other folders on other disks, "photos_from_mail", "photos_from_usb_stick", which had links to my "Photos" folder. This also worked perfectly, my screensaver also showed the mails pictures and the friends pictures copied from usb in my "from_usb" folder.Now my new computer uses vista, and all these tricks do not work any more.The screensaver only accepts a bare folder, without subfolder, without links. If there is a subfolder or a link in the "Photos" folder, the screensaver gives an error message saying it cannot display the picture.Do you know a way to override this ?

It works with subfolders for me. I just tested it. Here are my settings:Screen saver: Windows Live Photo GalleryUse photos and videos from: C:\Users\FirefoxRocks\Pictures [browse]Use this theme: RandomSlide show speed: MediumShuffle contents box is uncheckedI have all pictures in my Pictures folder with 2 pictures in a folder called "old pics" and they still display. And yes I am using Windows Vista Home Premium.

Edited by FirefoxRocks (see edit history)

Ok, I was having this same problem, here is how I fixed it. First-Go to Personalization, then click on Themes, then change your them to " My Current Theme". Now click ok, then go Click on Screen Saver while you are still in Personalization. Under your choices you should now see "Photos" select Photos and click ok. Now you should be able to see your photos as a screen saver- Hope this helps, Texasguy