xisto Community
*TBC*Killer

Logic Plan Astahost Help plz

cpanel = yes
flash = what do you mean? do you mean, can we put a flash or not? if that is what you mean, then i think we can.

about forum, they didn't mention anything about this, so i think it's ok. beside, we pay for this plan (even with our mycent), then i think it should be ok. they do put phpBB and smf inside it's fantastico, so it means we can install it (maybe).. just mind your bandwidth allocation, and probably sql space allocation.

Hello all i have a question if someone can reply please tell me :o

Heres my question:
Does Logic Plan of Xisto have support of PHP Cpanel and Flash? Can i put a forum there?? Just wondering thanks

Edited by akashi (see edit history)

Can i put a forum there?? Just wondering thanks

the cpanel included in your Xisto logic plan comes with "Fantastico de Luxe" which has pre-installed phpbb and SMF forums (pre-installed means that a single clik "install" creates the whole forum for you).Here are the options in the left bar in your Fantastico menu, each one opens a submenu which allows installing a new item or managin an existing item :

Blogs b2evolution
Nucleus
WordPress

Content Management
Drupal
Geeklog
Joomla 1.5
Joomla
Mambo Open Source
PHP-Nuke
phpWCMS
phpWebSite
Post-Nuke
Siteframe
TYPO3
Xoops

Customer Relationship
Crafty Syntax Live Help
Help Center Live
osTicket
PerlDesk
PHP Support Tickets
Support Logic Helpdesk
Support Services Manager

Discussion Boards
phpBB
SMF

E-Commerce
CubeCart
OS Commerce
Zen Cart

F.A.Q.
FAQMasterFlex

Hosting Billing
AccountLab Plus
phpCOIN

Image Galleries
4Images Gallery
Coppermine Photo Gallery
Gallery

Mailing Lists
PHPlist

Polls and Surveys
Advanced Poll
LimeSurvey
phpESP

Project Management
dotProject
PHProjekt

Site Builders
Soholaunch Pro Edition
Templates Express

Wiki
TikiWiki
PhpWiki

Other Scripts
Dew-NewPHPLinks
Moodle
Noahs Classifieds
Open-Realty
phpAdsNew
PHPauction
phpFormGenerator
WebCalendar

Of course, if you prefer, you can directly download the software (for instance phpbb from phpbb.com), unpack in your website chosen folder and click "install", simply don't forget to create the database and the user first, the phpbb installation program will ask you for the database name and the database server name.
More generally, for your website you are managing at Xisto, the database server name is "localhost" (which means that the php programs will ask the database data from the computer which is the local computer where the php programs are running on).
Hope this helps
yordan

Of course, if you prefer, you can directly download the software (for instance phpbb from phpbb.com), unpack in your website chosen folder and click "install"

Yes TBCKiller as yordan told, obtaining the latest package directly from the developers website and installing is the more preferred method. Because usually the packages aren't updated in the Cpanel even after the new releases. And hence if the new release has bug fixes or security patches, then you're going to miss those and more importantly the old versions would be insecure. But for testing purposes you can install from Cpanel itself as its much faster with less hassles.
And for quicker development of a new site or blog, it is usually the best method to create everything in a local server (XAMPP) and after setting up everything, the layouts, the menus and other basic data, you can then upload. We only need to change the database configuration (usually in config file or similar) to the new names set up on the server.