xisto Community
BCD

Questions Regarding Hosting Package Adons

I was going through the hosting features in xisto, i want to get the second package, thats 6+ per month. The unlimited package, has around 6 or so addons. They are not shown in while ordering the second package. So my question is, can I obtain these adons later after getting hosted without changing the package to unlimited one?

Basically I want to get these adons on Logic pro package which isnt available currently:

1) Google Apps Setup & DNS Configuration

2) Setup Custom Nameserver

Additionally I would need shell access, which is needed for a small python script. I think I have to request this separately after getting hosted. Right?

Hope mods may help.
Edited by Spencer (see edit history)

assuming that logic pro means logic plans ++, so i think you'll get google apps setup. about shell access, they said it's available on request, so you can request it. Try ask those xisto guys. Their responds are usually fast.

BTW, what do you mean with setup custom nameserver? Do you have your own NS?

Basically I want to get these adons on Logic pro package which isnt available currently:
1) Google Apps Setup & DNS Configuration

2) Setup Custom Nameserver

Additionally I would need shell access, which is needed for a small python script. I think I have to request this separately after getting hosted. Right?

Hope mods may help.

Yes the logic pro is the second package which costs around 6+ monthly with one time 9.99$ setup fee. Setting up a custom nameserver is a one time fee where we get something like ns1.ourdomain.com instead of ns.computinghost.com.I already got the answer from yordan, we can add addons in the logic pro packagae as we like. Even though they are not present while ordering, we can ask them later. Moreover those two addons have only one time fee.

glad to hear that you solved your problem. btw, we can upgrade our package free. i applied logic plan, and if i have enough credit, i'll apply for logic pro plan :o

btw, how much those addons cost? isn't google apps setup free?

Yes the logic pro is the second package which costs around 6+ monthly with one time 9.99$ setup fee. Setting up a custom nameserver is a one time fee where we get something like ns1.ourdomain.com instead of ns.computinghost.com.
I already got the answer from yordan, we can add addons in the logic pro packagae as we like. Even though they are not present while ordering, we can ask them later. Moreover those two addons have only one time fee.

Yes, the upgrades are free. The Logic Pro has much more space and bandwidth, but I saw that its just a customized version of the logic plan. I didn't knew this before. Its far better to customize what we want, like I would never need 100 addons, 100 subdomains etc, so customizing the plan can eek out the best price for our needs. Also in the Logic Pro package we need to pay setup fee of $9+ if you choose monthly payment option (free if chosen to pay yearly). So it is the best option to customize the Logic plan itself than going in for the Logic Pro plan. What do you think?

Actually it is the Google mail for domains (under email solutions) which is setup for free, they setup 10 gmail accounts linked to the website. The Google Apps and DNS configuration costs one time $15 setup fee. By doing this I can integrate the services offered by Google into the website. Although you could do it separately by yourself.

And the custom nameserver costs one time setup fee of $5. Custom nameserver means, you will get your name server like ns.mydomain.tld which would redirect to the original nameserver. But to this we need to first register ns.mydomain.tld at the domain registrar. You will also need two static ip addresses, one for primary namserver and other for secondary. Usually we can do that by going to our domain registrar and entering the nameservers with IP addresses. The exact process seems to differ from host to host. So paying a one time fee wouldn't be a problem for me.

I have some more questions. What is this email forwarding during domain order which costs 2$? Is it a required if we choose the forwarders user@yourdomain option in the email solution of the hosting?

Edited by Spencer (see edit history)