xisto Community
takerraj

Media Converter For Mandriva

I need a media converter for Mandriva. I am using KDE. I have shifted from Ubuntu. In Ubuntu I used to use Handbrake but I couldn't find RPM version. So just want you people to help me out in choosing best media converter for Mandriva.

why don't you try some CLI encoders? GUI applications are easier to use, but you could learn a little bit about CLI encoders, maybe you'll like it.beside, you can have batch operations or create script that automatically convert your media so you don't need to set the options again and again.

why don't you try some CLI encoders? GUI applications are easier to use, but you could learn a little bit about CLI encoders, maybe you'll like it.
beside, you can have batch operations or create script that automatically convert your media so you don't need to set the options again and again.

Can you please tell me the names of those CLI encoders. I interested in using Mandriva the linux way (Command line) but not windows way. Can you tell me what are the basic things I need to learn?

For iPod users, sometimes they want to backup the music, video or pictures on iPod to computer and to another iPod. This makes iPod users headache for iTunes doesn't providing this feature at all. Tipard Studio releases a program that can backup their files on iPod to PC or transfer files to another iPod. Using Tipard iPod Transfer Pro you would never worry about losing problem of the files. This iPod Transfer Pro help you copy songs and video from iPod to PC without losing anything. Tipard iPod Transfer pro supports all the versions of iPod devices. So you can easily transfer music and video from iPod, iPod Classic, iPod Nano, iPod shuffle, iPod Touch, iPhone to PC. You could easily share your iPod music with your friends.

Posted Image

Key Features:

﹡Backup files from iPod to computer

﹡Import files from computer to iPod

﹡Transfer files from iPod to iPod/iPhone

Edited by yordan
Qutoed the text copied from http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/boards/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000942-3.html (see edit history)

I believe Handbrake has command line interface. Other encoders are mencoder and ffmpeg. Most probably, you can install them from your distro's repository.

Just visit the site and learn their howtos. You can their site or googling to get some tutorials too.

Can you please tell me the names of those CLI encoders. I interested in using Mandriva the linux way (Command line) but not windows way. Can you tell me what are the basic things I need to learn?

I believe Handbrake has command line interface. Other encoders are mencoder and ffmpeg. Most probably, you can install them from your distro's repository.
Just visit the site and learn their howtos. You can their site or googling to get some tutorials too.

Thanks! I'll start with mencoder.

Crystaltree, FYI, itunes can convert mp3 to m4a which is playable in ipod or psp. i use itunes to convert my mp3s so that i can play it using my cellphone.

to convert videos from other formats to Ipod / PSP / HTC / Wii / Nokia / Blackberry / Palm playable format, use videora. Visit :
http://www.videora.com/

have fun with this tool guys :o

Edited by akashi (see edit history)

Hope you can get used to it :o I heard that my friend who is an anime fan website owner used that. That's why i recommend mencoder to you :o

Thanks! I'll start with mencoder.