xisto Community
BCD

Bing! New Search Engine From Microsoft A smart decision Engine

Worldwide Release Date: June 3, 2009

http://www.bing.com/

Microsoft rolls out a new search engine called Bing. They call it a decision engine. A long transformation from MSN Search to Live to Bing. An attempt to get back its hold in the search engine market.

Bing will help you make smarter, faster decisions. We included features that deliver the best results, presented in a more organized way to simplify key tasks and help you make important decisions faster.... help you make smarter decisions, and put money back in your pocket.

I am eagerly waiting for the launch on 3rd june. I can comment it only after trying it. Its exciting to see some smart features.

Heres a list of various articles / news on the web:

And here's some interesting pages flying around the web right now:

Will it slay Google? What would be the reactions from people after the launch? Will it keep up to the expectations? Please leave your comments.

Edited by yordan
smart title edit (see edit history)

I just wonder, would we get BSOD or

Error in 0x088abcde0. Please contact your browser developer

Or maybe our computer goes restart after we press "Search".....

I just wonder

BSOD on web! :o Who knows, it might just happen. May be there special servers are trained to give those errors. "Search" and restart, :o useful shortcut for internet surfers.

But seriously, the features are great. And google is not sleeping while all this is happening. Google has regularly released so many features to its gmail and Google search. Many are hidden underneath. Ok, so how many of us here know that there is a "Show options" shown at the top of search results? It basically categories the results by:

› All results

Videos

Forums

Reviews

› Any time

Recent results

Past 24 hours

Past week

Past year

› Standard results

Images from the page

More text

› Standard view

Timeline

Search Results

So its almost the same what the Bing does. The only thing is that Bing is graphic filled with more interactive ways and use of images for the search engine. Also the Bing's home page image changes everyday.
Edited by Spencer (see edit history)

It isn't impossible spencer. We're talking about M$. Maybe someday they'll create "Bing SP3" ;pMaybe we also have to install WGA and other M$ Winbl0w$ fixes before we can start using this search engine's features ;pI really hope M$ seriously develop this web, not like what've they done in the past with that "longhorn" projects.BTW, does this search engine is vulnerable to virus and worm attacks? Anybody knows?

i am a google fan to most part but ill give a try thankyou

i'm a google fan too. google is not just an engine search, that's i like the most. you can get tons of feature from google :o

i've tried this site. looks like we still have to wait untill bing crawled websites in internet. with google, you can get lots of result, though this also mean that you have to put another keywords so that you'll exactly get what you want to. bing's search result is lesser so that may be you won't get what you search.

That just an opinion. BTW, what's the differences between bing and live search?

i am a google fan to most part but ill give a try thankyou

Edited by akashi (see edit history)

what's the differences between bing and live search?

Bing is a more advanced search engine than Live search. It uses better algorithm and has features to sort the results according to some specific criteria. Moreover it has better accessibility for common features and is more easy to use than Live search. In future Live search would to be replaced by Bing.

i think it's already replaced by ding. If you browse live.com, your browser will take you to ding.com

it has ding map, a google map vice versa, a google-earth-like app called virtual earth 3D beta. One thing i like is, M$ doesn't lie that ding is still in beta version :o Let's hope a nice surprise from M$.

In future Live search would to be replaced by Bing.

Yep, I didn't know they will do that so soon. I love the image search of bing. We have so many options to customize the results. You can search for your favourite actor by images with just the faces, head and shoulders, black and white and more. Its really nice, I was wondering how do the algorithm identifies whether the image contains only head or full body. Heres an article on how bing came up: The Science behind Bing.
And the video search too is far superior than Google's, again giving us with so many options to choose from. The instant preview on hovering is really useful. Hope to see more features in web search.

i tried it, and yes. it has 2 options, face and head & shoulder, while google just only face, clipart, and lines. But i don't see much difference between "face" and "head & shoulder" options.let's wait another feature from ding. i'm sure google won't just sit up and relax there. let's wait other surprising features from google too :o

I just gave it a shot by using one of my main keywords in Bing.com. I have to admit this is my first time to use Bing.com. To my surprise it shows on the first page, but the 10th page on Google. It is a good news for me though on this respect. I did no expect the situation like this. I am a Google fans too and I use lot of tools they provide. But it won't be a problem for me to use Bing.com once in a while. More options are always better than no options, right?

In my opinion Bing still does not beat the google search....I made some tests ...My intention was finding the best results by the text i putted...I putted the same text in bing and in google and Google had much better results then bing in bing i could not find a thing i wantedWell maybe i just didn´t had luck with what i searched but its my opinion

That's maybe just because bing hasn't indexed all the site in the internet. But by the time bing has indexed the sites, google will come with lots of better features :(

I putted the same text in bing and in google and Google had much better results then bing in bing i could not find a thing i wanted